HU, amp and sub(s) for 04 f350 under $1k

Strokin6.4

Reaction score
Like title says, looking for a touch screen head unit to replace the 6 disk changer. If it will save money for a good sub nav isn't a big deal. Looking to place them behind the back crew cab seat. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SWIFT

Reaction score
1k budget doesnt do much. What are your goals and music preference?

Zmann

Reaction score
it does pretty good for the AVG guy

a Pioneer HU DD $400 replace the front door speakers$100 and some tweeters to the sail panels $100

a Sub amp like SPL2K would set u up with $200ish and a shallow 12 $200ish

your building your own box but this would be a decent start and you could build off of it

actually what I have LOL

but I added a second amp and sub and an XM module i do have the SPL2K box and a generic box they are identical except the custom is ported

Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
Zmann is pretty spot on, tough to make a complete package around $1k but it is possible.

Going to be a non nav not crazy fancy HU, but good enough.

SPL2k will get you a killer setup, or build your own box and stuff it with a Pioneer or Rockford Fosgate (after some research posted in another thread, I would go with the RF sub, but haven't listened to either) shallow sub.

Maybe go with these up front $99, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12224_Pioneer-TS-D1720C.html

I personally would skip on rear speakers for sound and budget reasons but if you want, throw in a decent pair of 6x8 coaxials, probably another $100.

and I would throw in an amp like this, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67930_Hifonics-BRX640.4.html

Setup the amp in 3-channel mode to power the front speakers and then the subwoofer, and if you do rear speakers just run them off the head unit power.

Going to need another $50-75 roughly for wiring and miscellaneous installation, but should have a decent complete system.

Latest posts

Members online