Cog gear?????

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I believe that is what they are called. Does anyone make one that will bolt onto the crank on a 7.3? Look like this.

drysumppumpgear.jpg

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
What are you getting into?

Out of curiousity, why?

:lookaround:

Belt driven HPOP?

No need with the options that we have access to now.

procharger or simlar

:slap:

Install an ATI Damper and there is an entire world of those parts that can bolt directly to the front of the damper

:bowfast:

Lol, just kidding guys. Just trying to think a little out of the box in a couple different ways for oil issues.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Exactly what I am looking into. Still gotta look into how the oil is ran through the front cover and the block to answer a few questions I have but I think I have a good idea. Also thinking that a Dual oil system (one for motor and one for turbo's) wouldn't be a bad idea either......

907DAVE

Reaction score
Just skip all that mess and use external feed lines, after a few scavenge bungs are in place is should be fairly simple.

Ohh, and you are gonna have to round up a 16qt oil tank, or make one.

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Just skip all that mess and use external feed lines, after a few scavenge bungs are in place is should be fairly simple.

Ohh, and you are gonna have to round up a 16qt oil tank, or make one.

Are you talking for the turbo's? The only reason I was thinking to use 2 seperate systems was so if I do lose a turbo for some reason or other it doesnt wipe out a 14k+ motor. Keep them seperate to limit the potential damage from failure.

And for the tank I have not been able to find one specifically for oil but I figure if I can not find one that I can modify, I can always build my own.

907DAVE

Reaction score

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I was thinking of a tank just like that 3 gal one except I was thinking more like a 4 gal. Even with splitting the turbo oil system away from the engine I believe the extra capacity would be benificial. More time for the oil to de-aerate and also to cool.

I am trying to figure out how much oil you would have to move for a 30 second pull @ 4000 rpm and am not sure of my math but I believe it is like 5 gals of oil will be used by the inj. That doesn't include the bearings or anything.

As for the turbo tank, venting it off to atmosphere is def something that i believe would be necessary, although I don't think that a scavager pump would be needed for them. Just locate the tank below the turbo's and use gravity to drain the oil to the tank and a pump to suck it from the tank and feed the turbo's. That is basically how the stock turbo feed and return is set-up.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
dry sump would be pretty simple. i made an oil cooler delete w/ 12an line so all you got to do is like i did but have a non stock pump feeding it. i have also heard of a dry sump setup that used the stock oil pump but that motor has a billet timing cover. and yea ati's are sweet, i thought maybe you were thinkin belt driven fuel pump.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ya I don't think that it would be that hard to come up with a dry sump set-up, and I def have enough room under the hood for everything. Just trying to figure out if I should do the work for a complete dry sump set-up or just use a dry sump pump to compliment the stock pump.

I thought about using a belt driven fuel pump but for pulling I dont see why a electric pump wouldn't be able to give me the supply I need. Or if one won't then just run 2 of them.