Looking for economy trans tune

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Every time I ride in my friends 6.7 I am totally impressed with how the trans handles low throttle shift points. I'm currently running gearhead economy trans tune. It's much better than stock but I drive like a grandpa 99% of the time and am looking for a trans tune that will shift at the lowest RPM it can without dropping rpms below 1200 where it loses boost and falls on it's face. I e-mailed gearhead and he said he'd never tried that and would need specific MPH shift points for each gear/torque lockup. Has anyone already done this? I'm taking a 1000 mile trip in a couple weeks and would love a good eco trans tune by then.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the thing about the 6.7 is there is way more going on then just when it shifts, its also how it unlocks the converter, re-locks it, ect that makes it drive so much different as well as the low end power they make. I have honestly tried to copy it and for me it just doesnt work, the gear ratios just arent close enough to make the shifts happen as often and low rpm.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Did some testing this morning and here's what I came up with for shift points at ~10% throttle.

Current
1-2 12
2-3 19
3-4 26
TC Lock 39
4-5 48

I e-mailed Matt these numbers along with where I think they should be so we'll see what he can come up with.

Latest posts

Members online