Boost / Vacume

7point3

Reaction score
I was talking with a friend who works out of his house on powerstrokes. Just shootin the $hit, and showed him a 60psi air gauge. I asked why it wouldn't work. He said because it doesn't read vacuum. The hole tapped for the boost gauge fitting is vacuum not pressure. He sia if It were ever installed, it would just sit there. WTF! {It's a moot point, because I have a boost gauge}. But I had to stop and think about that. The whole purpose of a turbo is positive pressure, when spooling anyway. Letting off would draw vacuum......am I bassackwards on this er whut.

Last edited:

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Umm wow. This guy works on other peoples trucks? And they run when he's done? That's basics of how a turbo diesel works.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Vacuum is a gasser thing because of the throttle body or whatever else controls the amount of air going into the motor. When it's closed, it creates vacuum. Ever stop to wonder why our trucks need a vacuum pump to run things like the climate control? Because diesel engines don't create vacuum.

Clem1226

Reaction score
I've seen some intelligent people get locked in to the most ignorant beliefs. Usually the issue arises when THEY think they are intelligent therefore no one could possibly teach them anything.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I've seen some intelligent people get locked in to the most ignorant beliefs. Usually the issue arises when THEY think they are intelligent therefore no one could possibly teach them anything.

Exactly

DcMoore

Reaction score
Maybe he just started working on diesels and is still thinking gasser? Not sure but it's pretty obvious that it's a positive pressure.

7point3

Reaction score
Maybe he just started working on diesels and is still thinking gasser? Not sure but it's pretty obvious that it's a positive pressure.

Actually he has been working on them a long time, That's what got me confused. I thought "he couldn't be wrong, so how screwed up is MY thinking?...is there something I just thought I knew?"

7point3

Reaction score
Your thinking right.

I knew I was in reality, but I have seen this guy fix stuff, so it made me pause for about an hour.

Amarillo is the only place worse to live than Lubbock in the spring. And winter.

I dont miss the dirt, or the cold, but we here in the Temple/Waco area have had 60+ days of 100+ this summer, 40+ in a row, and nothing but 100's in the foreseeable future. 107 Friday w/heat index at 115. Nothing but 100's all next week..................It sucks bad. But then again I hate snow and 10 degrees with 40 mph wind too. Tradeoff I guess

DcMoore

Reaction score
Love the snow.. That's why we moved up here after I got out of the Navy, so we could be in the snow and still be in Texas.

7point3

Reaction score
Love the snow.. That's why we moved up here after I got out of the Navy, so we could be in the snow and still be in Texas.

Oh...........so YOUR'E the guy. I heard there was someone in Texas that liked it:D

My experience is that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong when it snows

Latest posts

Members online