Just another Gearhead thread...

02BigD

Reaction score
About how your tunes get it done, and have amazing smoke control! Bigger nozzles, and a genuine reduction in smoke is a great thing in my book. I hope to get some track times this weekend, I'll update you if that happens. Appreciate all the hardwork, and the great service.

Dom

PS. Could someone PM me how the tunes are laid out on the chip? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
default for single shot injectors:
Heavy Tow
High Idle
Stealth Mode
Econ (you got the "gus" file)
Street Fury
All Out

Also you will now notice your map sensor reads up to 35psi from the OBDII port and it is correct.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats awesome, with one exception, why isnt high idle all the way on the left, bottom,or position 1. Whatever you care to.call it. Safest place as you can not "roll" through it. Im proba ly being picky but that has always driven me bonkers. I go high idle, stock, heavy tow +40, 80dd, 100 performance, and race.

The last five are kind of a joke. I use the high idle and the race file. If i.was going to tow a bulldozer,lol or something like that id use the tow file just beecause it favors rpms and better transmission strategy.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Thats awesome, with one exception, why isnt high idle all the way on the left, bottom,or position 1. Whatever you care to.call it. Safest place as you can not "roll" through it. Im proba ly being picky but that has always driven me bonkers. I go high idle, stock, heavy tow +40, 80dd, 100 performance, and race.

The last five are kind of a joke. I use the high idle and the race file. If i.was going to tow a bulldozer,lol or something like that id use the tow file just beecause it favors rpms and better transmission strategy.

not on mine because if the alternator fails or your switch goes bad the chip will default to position 1 and high idle wouldn't be fun at a stop light.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Good to know. Same reason I dont like the high idle in between tunes. People switching them.and "rolling through the high idle setting.

Fwiw, i have 1400rpm high idle LOL

Since tye last time I asked, do you still think burning a good, all around.file to.the.pcm is a bad idea?

m j

Reaction score
why would that be a bad idea. I just can't do it at this time.

this sounds like its possible.
I have an edge tune stuck on my ECM and would rather have your hot street tune that I run everyday in it, or even a mild 200% nozzle tune for 'just in case'
I wonder if my Delta Force would flash it

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
this sounds like its possible.
I have an edge tune stuck on my ECM and would rather have your hot street tune that I run everyday in it, or even a mild 200% nozzle tune for 'just in case'
I wonder if my Delta Force would flash it

It can be flashed very easily. Call PHP since at this time Matt can't do it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

02BigD

Reaction score
I'm not trying to speak for Matt, but it doesn't seem right to me y'all coming into Gearhead's section and mention other vendors.

Latest posts

Members online