Any mileage reports on Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac?

CurtisF

Reaction score
My current Kumho's are getting near the end of their life. I've put 53K miles on them so far. One tire is almost at the wear bar thanks to an alignment problem last year. If that didn't happen, I would have probably reached 60K miles.

I would have gone back with the Kumho's, but I now can get a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's for a pretty deep discount. I've seen a lot of good reviews online, and saw a few posts on PSA where guys are saying they are great tires.

So my question is, what kind of miles have you put on these tires so far? I want to know they will last as long as my set of Kumho's before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Jomax

Reaction score
My current Kumho's are getting near the end of their life. I've put 53K miles on them so far. One tire is almost at the wear bar thanks to an alignment problem last year. If that didn't happen, I would have probably reached 60K miles.

I would have gone back with the Kumho's, but I now can get a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's for a pretty deep discount. I've seen a lot of good reviews online, and saw a few posts on PSA where guys are saying they are great tires.

So my question is, what kind of miles have you put on these tires so far? I want to know they will last as long as my set of Kumho's before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!
I've put about 15k on rears and they still look like new almost, but it's a dually. I say still go for it. Way better then the kumho's as I had a set of them before my duratracs aswell.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I've put about 15k on rears and they still look like new almost, but it's a dually. I say still go for it. Way better then the kumho's as I had a set of them before my duratracs aswell.

Better than the Kumho's? That's good to hear. These Kumho's beat my last set of BFG's hands down, and I was very happy with them. Better sounds really nice :toast:

Atsah

Reaction score
I have six of them on my dually and I plow lots of snow with a 9ft Fisher that weights 1000lbs and they are wearing nicely.. I have 35K on them and they look pretty damn good.. I'm thinking I will probably get 50-55K out of them.. Mind you most of my frontend parts (ball joints, tie rods) are new..

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah I started a thread bout these tires a little while ago. And got nothing but good reviews and opinions from EVERYONE. They arent on yet but I got them. So im betting its gonna be a good tire.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
when i got tires i was debating between those and cooper S/T's im wishing now i went with the Goodyear's. im not getting the mileage out of the coopers i expected, im thinking they will be my next tire. definitely interested in what people think of them.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Have any of you guys experienced the "squishyness" of the tires?? I was " " close to buying them, but that scared me off.

blustroker

Reaction score
I have about 15,000mi on mine so far under my 350, but it only sees 1000mi a month. I've been really happy with them. Mine were squishy on the way home from having them mounted. I checked the pressure and the tire store had only put about 45lbs in them. i liked them enough i bought another set for my tacoma. they now have over 24000mi on them and i will say they are the best tire i have put under that truck in the 10yrs i've owned it.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I have 55 lbs in mine and have no squishyness. Ive never even heard of that being a issue with these tires before

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I got mine for a great price on Ebay. But I think Jaran at Holderdown can get them even cheaper.

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
I sell tons of em, I have them on my dmax, 275/70r18s and on my 6.7, 325/60r20s. Love them! I am on my 5th set on my work truck and I get 38000 to 48,000 on them, I pull a 30ft steel goosneck everyday with a heavy foot. I have run every kind of tire and these have put em all to shame. Also, my sales speak for themselves and we sell more and more as time goes on.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I sell tons of em, I have them on my dmax, 275/70r18s and on my 6.7, 325/60r20s. Love them! I am on my 5th set on my work truck and I get 38000 to 48,000 on them, I pull a 30ft steel goosneck everyday with a heavy foot. I have run every kind of tire and these have put em all to shame. Also, my sales speak for themselves and we sell more and more as time goes on.

Awesome to hear.

Bair

Reaction score
Bringing this WAY back from the dead. Now that you guys have run a set or two. Still a good tire? How do they do off road? Mud? Deep snow? I'm looking for some history now that it's not a new tire anymore.

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Amazing in the snow and I thought good in the slop and mud. They are one of the only severe weather rated tires that are reasonably priced and year round tires, also siped and pinned for studs. I got 35k on my old CCLB DMax and had about 20k left. Pretty impressive and I am buying another set soon

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Have a set with 20k on my explorer and they still look almost new. Given my explorer is the 2 door model and pretty light weight. Still impress me on road (quiet) and off road I the mud and slop ( I follow my friends I their side x sides).

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I run them on my work truck. With 65lbs in the front and 80lbs in the rear (work truck is SRW and weighs 11,500lbs) there is no squishyness to speak of. We plowed a lot of snow this winter and they did the best out of all the tires I've run.

Bair

Reaction score
Good to know. Sometimes a tire will really look good at first but then the later reviews tell the real story. So it sounds like these are the way to go for me. Plannin to get let weavers tire in Missouri get me a set next month. They're my brother in laws and we'll be go through the area.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I can't speak to their wear. They've only been on since November (around 20k miles) and they don't seem to be wearing any faster than other tires I've had.

It's also worth noting that my trucks are meticulously maintained and they have been rotated every 5k, front end is tight, shocks are fairly new, and alignment was checked when they were put on. It's not uncommon for me to see 50k out of a set of tires.

alwil

Reaction score
I have 50k on mine and they are down to the wear bars, far superior to any toyo tire i have ran to date on snow and ice (all I ran before these was toyo tires).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.