Trailer recommendations -full tilt

riemer

Reaction score
Looking at buying a new trailer to haul my tractors. I have a 60hp Long 4x4 that I do occasional brushing with and a 30hp new holland that with a sprayer and other attachments. I won't be using it all the time but I'm looking for help picking either full tilt or partial tilt trailer.
Looking at a trailer with 12k gvw 20' long. So far have I my eye on PJ and Big Tex brands.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I have a hydraulic dovetail Loadtrail Loadmax. I love it for hauling tractors and equipment. Its longer and rated for more than you are looking for though - I don't think they do one that light or short with the hydraulic dovetail option.

riemer

Reaction score
Right now only gravity tilt fits in the budget. I think they refere to them as cushion cylinders. I found a smokin deal on a 22' partial tilt 14k big tex new for $5100. Just not sure I need something that heavy.

Last edited:

Jason

Reaction score
Man, all of the tilts I have seen locally have atleast the first couple of feet fixed. I was up in Utah and saw a dealer that had something that caught my eye...so I wwnt to further investigate. At first glance it looked just like a typical lowboy goose, but shorter. The bed was about 18' long, and the whole bed tilted back, release pins were in the front under the neck. Pretty sharp little trailer. Fenders stayed stationary, and only the bed tilted. They had one tilted, and the approach angle was still decent enough to get a car up on without issue. This was 5-6 years ago, so memory is foggy as to who made it..but I liked.

nickl7878

Reaction score
we've got a 7 ton Econoline landscape tilt vat work that's a solid trailer. have only had it for about a year though. if memory serves me right they're made in Tennessee

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I've had a couple tilt decks. Very nice if you don't want to deal with ramps!

4stationary18tiltequipmenttrailer.jpg

4stationary18tilttriaxleequipmentha.jpg

newman

Reaction score
I would think you would need a power tilt because most stuff you roll on the engine is in the front and it may try to flatten our while driving up of it could be difficult to unload.

Dave

Reaction score
Never had that issue with the tilts at work and have loaded all kinds of front heavy stuff on em

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

blk99

Reaction score
Big tex makes a VERY nice trailer! I liked them so much I bought one for myself... I also worked as a trailer mechanic for awhile, have worked on more brands of trailers than you could imagine...you know which one of the big name brandz was by far the worst quality, ESPECIALLY the axles they use? PJ...... Rockwell/Quality axle company has by far the worst quality..... Big Tex uses Dexter and Load Trail uses Alko, which happens to be my top two favorite trailers and axles in order LOL
its too bad that after the brothers split, PJ couldnt keep the same quality as his brother over at Load Trail....

EDIT: I forgot to mention.... nobody wants to own up to it or believe it but 90% of your standard nothing fancy PJ trailers are made in mexico now.................

Anyway, heres a pic of mine... we gross 30k 3-5 times a week and have had ZERO issues in just over a year now.

Attachments

• 20140319_125501.jpg
    20140319_125501.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

blk99

Reaction score
Right now only gravity tilt fits in the budget. I think they refere to them as cushion cylinders. I found a smokin deal on a 22' partial tilt 14k big tex new for $5100. Just not sure I need something that heavy.

Thats a very good price! That exact trailer was the top seller right behind the 14K 14' dumps at place I use to work... only had one come back for more than just maintenace because someone tried to load a 18K dozer on it and taco'd the rear axle.... LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Big tex makes a VERY nice trailer! I liked them so much I bought one for myself... I also worked as a trailer mechanic for awhile, have worked on more brands of trailers than you could imagine...you know which one of the big name brandz was by far the worst quality, ESPECIALLY the axles they use? PJ...... Rockwell/Quality axle company has by far the worst quality..... Big Tex uses Dexter and Load Trail uses Alko, which happens to be my top two favorite trailers and axles in order LOL
its too bad that after the brothers split, PJ couldnt keep the same quality as his brother over at Load Trail....

Anyway, heres a pic of mine... we gross 30k 3-5 times a week and have had ZERO issues in just over a year now.

Now I need to go look at the axles on my trailer... I swear my Load Trail uses Dexter axles and a Dexter electric over hydraulic brake system...

blk99

Reaction score
Now I need to go look at the axles on my trailer... I swear my Load Trail uses Dexter axles and a Dexter electric over hydraulic brake system...

It very well could.... I have seen speratic Load Trails with Dexter axles and I cannot figure out why.... the word was that alko couldnt keep up with their demand on occasion but I have a hard time believing that....
Same with PJ... once in a blue moon I came across one with ALKO axles....

Last edited:

02BigD

Reaction score
I have a hydraulic dovetail Loadtrail Loadmax. I love it for hauling tractors and equipment. Its longer and rated for more than you are looking for though - I don't think they do one that light or short with the hydraulic dovetail option.

Was that what Brian and Josh brought down to the Bash? I was eyeing that thing up, it's a nice trailer.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Was that what Brian and Josh brought down to the Bash? I was eyeing that thing up, it's a nice trailer.

Yup - that was mine. She needs a little TLC right now, but yes, its been a fantastic trailer. Hopefully this winter will see a fresh coat of paint, some rework on the dovetail locks, and a new deck. Probably add in a toolbox on top of the neck and mount some batteries and a solar charger and maybe even set the trailer legs up on a motor because I'm lazy. LOL

oneton

Reaction score
buy more trailer than you think you need.want 12k 20ft,get 14k 22ft you'll be glad you did down the road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.