Drop in batmowheels for stock 6.4 turbos

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I was on stainless diesel's facebook page today and they are saying they are going to have drop in batmowheels for are stock chargers soon..I guess there starting with the big turbo and are gonna be doing the small turbo later on. They claim to have picked up 36-45 wheel horsepower and dropped 200* egt on duramax and cummins powered trucks with just tow tunes. the wheels are going to be in the $400 range.. might be a worth while up grade to hold me over till I can afford some MP's.. will see

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
very interesting . that would be cool if its true.

its legit..... The wheels for the factory 6.0 charger will be out in 3-4 weeks..... wheels for the 6.4 are in testing right now and may be available within the week.... they are just doing the big charger for now though.... supposedly gained 45 hp on a tow tune and dropped the egts 200 degrees on a cummins so we will see what happens.... they are already marketing them for the lb7 turbos and the holset HX40 turbos

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
its legit..... The wheels for the factory 6.0 charger will be out in 3-4 weeks..... wheels for the 6.4 are in testing right now and may be available within the week.... they are just doing the big charger for now though.... supposedly gained 45 hp on a tow tune and dropped the egts 200 degrees on a cummins so we will see what happens.... they are already marketing them for the lb7 turbos and the holset HX40 turbos

well true in my thoughts is, spoolup and power gain. 45hp on a tow tune is well... just that. also there will be some drive pressure issues incurred with this setup, guaranteed. the savings will prolly be in not having to get a machined housing, but ill be interested to see the price tag after swap and balancing. very cool though.

keep us updated.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score

6.0 wheels in stock and ready to ship.

293130_254671634556852_172048049485878_903570_7368051_n.jpg

Garrett

Shipmate

Reaction score
I agree with Mike on the balancing of the turbo. But you know there will be people out there that will think that they can just put this wheel in and not balance the whole turbo assy. The only way that will work if the stocker is balanced as individual components, then you could add a new balanced bat wheel and you should be good.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think that bullseye is comfortable with shipping wheels balanced and you install them on the turbo.

I think in most cases the exhaust wheel/shaft is balanced on its own, and the comp wheel is balanced on its own, now i think in a high RPM application that balancing the assmbly is prob the way to go, but i think in most cases the way they do it works fine, Im pretty sure MPD was swapping wheels with good luck

Im interested to see what happens with this set up, boost numbers and back pressure numbers might actually be better because the compressor wheel will be more effecient so they might actually equal out better, or like max power and high powers, no boost numbers will change but back pressure will go up from the added exhaust flow.

How much power can be had from a 63mm primary? Dunno, guess we will find out.

If you can do 800 on a 2.6, i would suppose 625 should be easy

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Makes you wounder if guys are reporting 591hp with the H&S 300 tune. Would be interesting to see where this goes. Im interested.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Makes you wounder if guys are reporting 591hp with the H&S 300 tune. Would be interesting to see where this goes. Im interested.

yeah but dynos are just that.... my truck says 670 on trap speed but has only made 640 .... too many variables with dyno numbers, but the egt drop is huge!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im wondering on the test mule for the dodge what it had for fuel mods? If the egt's dropped that much but only gained 45 hp, then my guess would be that the truck started to run out of fuel, which isnt bad but maybe more power could be had?

I think stock injectors in a dodge are only good for about 550 anyway, and a stock turbo will push to 500 hp

JDub

Reaction score
Im wondering on the test mule for the dodge what it had for fuel mods? If the egt's dropped that much but only gained 45 hp, then my guess would be that the truck started to run out of fuel, which isnt bad but maybe more power could be had?

I think stock injectors in a dodge are only good for about 550 anyway, and a stock turbo will push to 500 hp

Pius has been modifying stock 2003-2007 Cummins turbos for us for quite a few years. We use the stock 04.5-07 compressor wheel and actually change the turbine wheel. Been able to drop the drive pressure big time and they still spool like stock. Bone stock truck with no tuner gained almost 20hp on the dyno. Truck running a Smarty on Level 5 and 4" exhaust gained almost 40hp and dropped EGT's 200-degrees while towing. That's with no increase in airflow through the compressor, just eliminating drive pressure.

Latest posts

Members online