4x4 issue..

DieselheadJake

Reaction score
Ok so my 4x4 only works when I get out and lock the front hubs to engage it into 4x4. My problem is my switch on the fly does not work, when I switch it, the gauge cluster light for the 4x4 will light up but thats it. Will not engage into 4x4 low or high. What could it be guys?

09stroker

Reaction score
I'm about to do it to my truck as soon as I have some free time. Not in a hurry as its dry as f**k out here lol. But I'm pretty sure they are not expensive and they are tiny plastic hose so they are flexible, just gotta find which line leaks. I know a tech that would blow cigarette smoke into the lines and look for the smoke leaking out so that may be something you could try.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
He is refering the to the hub seals for the vacuum. They are a common place for leaks. Does your heater controls still work or are they stuck on defrost?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
And if the lines are bad I believe dieselsite makes stainless replacement vacuum lines

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Dieselsite does make the SS replacement lines and I would bet that the hub seals are the leak point. I know 2 guys that have had this problem and was the seals both times. I will never have this problem since my truck is manual hub only. I'll also never have a windom motor go bad, HAHAHA!

Latest posts

Members online