Typical AE ICP Values?

squeak12

Reaction score
Does this look normal? I have no idea what the normal range is?

SqueakWOT081911.png

F350-6

Reaction score
Is boost the actual boost, or do we need to subtract atmospheric pressure off it? Looks like your HPOP is having trouble keeping up with your injectors to me. If you max out the IPR around 64%, you want to see ICP numbers up closer to 3000 psi. You're having trouble breaking 2000.

squeak12

Reaction score
Boost is actual, so subtract 14.7. I figured from performance that the HPOP was weak, but I didn't know for sure if my numbers backed up that assumption. I'm hoping to run some more data and tests this weekend if I get a chance.

JLDickmon

Reaction score
this truck have a chip/programmer on it?

A lot of times the factory HPOP won't keep up with aggressive tunes.

squeak12

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew I forgot something. It has Stage 1's and DP Tunes. It has a bit of other stuff, but I don't see the other mods affecting ICP.

F350-6

Reaction score
Stage 1 single shots aren't that oil hungry. Have you verified you don't have any leaks in the HPO system? What does ICP / IPR look like at idle? Are you using any oil?

squeak12

Reaction score
I have a slight oil leak. It only leaks after parking. I think it is the oil pan seal. I usually put a quart in around 3k miles. I can go get the idle readings in a little bit. The truck doesn't run bad or anything, but I feel like it should have more power than it does.

The only issue I do have is after the truck has set for more than a couple of days, it gets harder to start. Once it does start, I have to stay on the throttle for a few seconds to keep it running, then put on the high idle for a little while. Once on the road, it lacks power under 2000rpm for a minute so. It will rev slow, then around 2000 the turbo lights and it pulls hard. The power issue is worse when it is cold outside, so maybe glow plugs. I know the relay is good, though, since I just replaced it last year.

Seems to me that the HPOP system leaks down after time and takes a little while to prime back up, but that is purely a guess. Also, no oil in the valley what so ever. It is hard to see where my leak starts but it it oily all around the motor. More so in the back all around the flywheel cover.

squeak12

Reaction score
Codes from the WOT run from above. AIH and EBPV have been deleted.

WOTCodes.png

Start up and Idle Values

StartandIdle.png

F350-6

Reaction score
Well burning a quart in 3k miles is no big deal, and your IPR duty cycle isn't high so injector o-rings are probably ok.

Who's your favorite HPOP builder?

bama29fan

Reaction score
Well burning a quart in 3k miles is no big deal, and your IPR duty cycle isn't high so injector o-rings are probably ok.

Who's your favorite HPOP builder?

is there a way to tell if its injector orings or a weak hpop? my duty cycle will climb above 70%.

is the only way to verify to check fuel filter color to see if its orings?

F350-6

Reaction score
is there a way to tell if its injector orings or a weak hpop? my duty cycle will climb above 70%.

is the only way to verify to check fuel filter color to see if its orings?

Is your ICP low? It all depends on which o-ring is leaking. The fuel bowl is a good indicator, but you might have to watch the injectors with the valve covers off to see if any is bubbling up from where the injector fits in the head. Does IPR% seem higher than normal at idle? Leaking o-rings can cause the IPR to close more to maintain the correct pressure at idle.

Latest posts

Members online