LED lights?

ytee

Reaction score
Just installed a set of clear cab lights with LEDs. I really like the look of both the clear lens in the day and the LED lights at night. Now I would like to put LED lights in the front marker and turn signal lights. I have the clear marker and turn signal lenses and think the colored LEDs would look good. Has anyone done this? Do you have pics? Where did you get the bulbs?

4 Wings

Reaction score
LED Brake Light Conversion on 1996 - 2003 Ford Trucks

I love the LED replacement lights. They look great and improve visibility at night and in fog, snow and rainy driving conditions.

This a a Heads Up for anyone installing LED brake lights in 1996-2003 Ford Trucks, Vans, Broncos or SUV's with automatic transmissions.

When replacing tail lights or any of the lights used for the brakes with LED lights in 1996-2003 Trucks, Vans, Broncos or SUV's with automatic transmissions, you may experience an erratic or no torque converter clutch apply condition. No service codes will be set. Some of the listed vehicles experience the issue, others don't is the official word on this from FORD.

If anyone notices the above happening after installing LED replacement brake lights, contact your transmission rebuilder or the LED light dealer. They should know how to correct the issue.

If anyone has the factory towing package with 7 pin RV connector and an automatic transmission, towing a trailer equipped with LED brake lights can cause the same condition.

~

ytee

Reaction score
I love the LED replacement lights. They look great and improve visibility at night and in fog, snow and rainy driving conditions.

This a a Heads Up for anyone installing LED brake lights in 1996-2003 Ford Trucks, Vans, Broncos or SUV's with automatic transmissions.

When replacing tail lights or any of the lights used for the brakes with LED lights in 1996-2003 Trucks, Vans, Broncos or SUV's with automatic transmissions, you may experience an erratic or no torque converter clutch apply condition. No service codes will be set. Some of the listed vehicles experience the issue, others don't is the official word on this from FORD.

If anyone notices the above happening after installing LED replacement brake lights, contact your transmission rebuilder or the LED light dealer. They should know how to correct the issue.

If anyone has the factory towing package with 7 pin RV connector and an automatic transmission, towing a trailer equipped with LED brake lights can cause the same condition.

~

Does installing the load resistor stop this problem from happening? I have heard of erratic flashing turn signals but not this problem.

Chris

Chris

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Are they a member/sponsor here? I'd like to order some L.E.D.s from them. Marker lights, turn signals, reverse lights, and license plate lights.:D

Tom S

Reaction score
I do not think they are yet but I believe they have a user name here.

joebob3093

Reaction score
I had the recon reverse light bulbs.. I wasnt impressed

how can you not be impressed with this?

CIMG0012.jpg

Latest posts

Members online