Plasti dip wheels

Dtm030

Reaction score
Okay don't get pissed at me for posting in a diesel forum when I don't own one anymore. Thought you may be interested to see the outcome of using plasti dip on my wheels. I read about it on this forum before and thought it was a good idea as it is removable. I did it because everything on truck is white and black and these wheels were grey and it seemed out of place. What do you think?
Before
IMG_1279.png

After
IMG_1383.jpg

superstroked

Reaction score
It looks great! I would like to see a picture of the after about the same distance as the before pic to see it "side by side" I just got 4 cans of this and am probably going to do the wheels on my boat trailer first to see how it turns out and to get a little practice...then I may do the wheels on my TDI.

Dtm030

Reaction score
Here's a video of it so you can see it after one coat then three coats then back on the truck. You need to clean the wheels well and tape anything you don't want painted then just spray it like paint. Make sure you give it a good covering and no dry spots, but it's pretty easy to paint. I think I'm going to go back and add 1 coat to one of the wheels. I had finished it but thought I would give it a quick spray in one section and now the finish isn't perfect but I'll fix that by adding another coat.

Sorry about the accent.. Just a dirty immigrant. I see myself as American now FWIW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sMEntUzeI

Last edited:

Dtm030

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments too. Here's a pic from the side. It's hard to see with the sun.

I took it off road to see a little mud yesterday and I'm going to wash it today and see how it has held up. I have to the e locker and I thought they had the open diff when they weren't locked in but I think it's actually a LSD as I can do a two wheels burnout on tar roads. I just did the old trick of a few figure 8's slowly beforehand to load up the diff first.
IMG_1380.jpg

Dtm030

Reaction score
From what I have heard it will stick to almost anything. So yeah it'd be fine. I have looked at Jetta's a few times. What do you think of it? Any problems?

superstroked

Reaction score
From what I have heard it will stick to almost anything. So yeah it'd be fine. I have looked at Jetta's a few times. What do you think of it? Any problems?

So far so good...400 mile for 45 bucks is awesome compared to $116.00 in the truck for the same amount of miles....the savings in fuel are paying for the car anda lot less miles on the pickup!:redspotdance:

another question on this plastidip...do yall think it would work to tint the mirror marker lens with a light coat????

Latest posts

Members online