Painted Billet Inserts

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i'm getting my bumpers color matched this week so there will be no more chrome. trying to figure out what to do with the billet on the front end. leave it, paint it black, paint it to match (true blue)

thoughts?

WP_000147.jpg

TripleE44

Reaction score
I'd do that plasti dip stuff for sure. I had a black carriage works on my 06f150 and it chipped and peeled like no ones business. Supposedly plasti dip won't, but if it does you can re-do it easily.

I think you need to get some black on the truck anyway to tie in the wheels.

Jason

Reaction score
I think the black with the blue grill surround would look pretty sweet. I'm a fan of some well placed chrome, but with ptm bumpers and black wheels it wouldn't look right. It'd look good with chrome wheels.

That truck just has a wicked stance to it, I'm not a fan of wheels and tires that stick out that far (mine stick out about an inch), but that truck pulls it off perfectly!

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
welp...first coat of plasti dip is on. letting it dry and then I'll put one more on. i think it's going to look sweet. i'll have pics tomorrow.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
its a spray on coating that hardens to something like a plastic coating. it can be peeled off if you ever want to remove it. it's flat black and pretty tough
looks like spray paint, peels off like rubber. you can buy it at home depot for bout $7

looks tits so far!

Last edited: