no start

96 Stroker

Reaction score
ok my flatbed has been sitting for two years now with no injectors..I just put them in with new oring..a new starter cps and good batterys but wont start and not getting any smoke from the tail pipe..could it be a fuel filter or what should i check..hpop looked full to..

96 Stroker

Reaction score
Well I forgot to put the cps in before I tried to get it to run..so i cranked it without the cps in..I heard that without the cps reading signal it wont send any fuel..

96 Stroker

Reaction score
well i put it in tonight and tried for like 5 min but no smoke or anything tack goes up a little maybe like 100 or 200 rpm while cranking

Irishcream

Reaction score
i'd still say check your fuel system. make sure you bowl has fuel. Really fast cranking means the injectors aren't firing or the cylinders aren't making any compression meaning no fuel. should be getting some smoke if fuel is making it in.

Arisley

Reaction score
It also needs High Pressure Oil. Check the oil in the HPOP res. It is going to take a while for the oil and fuel to get to the injectors.

96 Stroker

Reaction score
the hpop is full and the fuel bowl is full..could the quality of oil that has been sitting in there for a long time effect it starting..

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Put a scanner on it and watch the live data. What are you seeing for ICP pressure and IPR %? If you aren't building pressure to a minimum of 500 psi then it isn't going to start.

96 Stroker

Reaction score
I don't have that good of a scanner lol but it ran great before I pulled the injectors 2 years ago..the oil pressure gauge is going to normal while cranking..if that helps and today I was getting some smoke out of the tail pipe but very little..it almost fired but didn't ..and the battery where getting low even with the booster on so I gave it a break for today..I'll try it again tomorrow before work..

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Well it sounds like it is right at the point where it is going to start. Your batteries could be too low and it is a good idea to give them a good charge. 2 years is a long time for things to be sitting so the IPR could be sticking. If you end up needing a good scanner let me know. You are about a two hour drive from me.

Arisley

Reaction score
Put some fresh oil in it. If the injectors have been out for a long time, that is eight big holes drawing moisture. You might even be having compression issues.

96 Stroker

Reaction score
the injectors have been out for awhile but the valve covers were on the whole time..it did the same thing today where it stumbled but didnt start..the fuel filter light is on while cranking tho..I think Im gonna replace that..(it was black) and change oil and see if it helps

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Without knowing if you are building ICP and what your IPR dc% is during cranking, we are just guessing. You are almost definitely getting the CPS code due to extended crank time. Send me a PM and I will give you my number. I can take a ride down some time this weekend if you want and we can scan it and see what the live data tells us.

Latest posts

Members online