Make my truck KITT......

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Long story short, my head unit **** the bed, so I have decided to go all out.

What I looking for is a setup that will do the following:

Connect with my Iphone 4 via bluetooth
Connect video with my phone
Connect with my go-pro live feed (possibly via phone?)
Connect with my OBDII so that I can monitor data via the screen.
Able to use voice commands to opperate.

Aaaaand anything else cool you can think of.... basically I want my truck to be able to connect with all of my junk without a bunch of wires or hassle.

any thoughts or suggestions?

jdc753

Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to start with this or if all those capabilities are even possible.

The new Kenwood double dins offer a LOT of features for fairly cheap and just plug n play for the most part.

Or could go an iPad route, thinking this might be the best for syncing with your phone and is a good all around setup.

Or go full computer either PC or Mac Mini depending on the integration you like.

Best place to start researching this sort of stuff would be www.mp3car.com there is a large forum there covering pretty much everything you are looking for, both hardware and software and lots of trick pieces to make it all work.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to start with this or if all those capabilities are even possible.

The new Kenwood double dins offer a LOT of features for fairly cheap and just plug n play for the most part.

Or could go an iPad route, thinking this might be the best for syncing with your phone and is a good all around setup.

Or go full computer either PC or Mac Mini depending on the integration you like.

Best place to start researching this sort of stuff would be www.mp3car.com there is a large forum there covering pretty much everything you are looking for, both hardware and software and lots of trick pieces to make it all work.

thanks for the link!

Stroked777

Reaction score
My Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS touch screen unit works with the iPhone 5 and older, I think it can do everything you are asking. Does the go pro allow a love feed via a yellow video cable?

Everything else can be done with a special cable and the apps on my phone. With the Bluetooth sending unit I could look at gauges on my phone and with the phone hooked to the radio I can see the stuff on the radio it's self. I can even play games and stuff on the radio if I wanted

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
what do you use to connect to OBDII? can you get video off of your iphone via bluetooth or do you have to plug it in?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm not saying I have the Bluetooth thing to read the engine info but the radio compatible apps list has this thing called dash command. Look it up on the App Store

Not sure what your asking. On the radio the only thing I can do thru Bluetooth is connect and play music and pause it and what not. You need a special cable ($50) to play videos on the screen from YouTube or your video library