08 VSS WIRE ?

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Installed a Pioneer AVIC X930BT Navigation head unit this weekend. I used a Scosche FDK11B wiring harness (03 Up Ford Audiophile Harness). I was skeptical that it would suffice because my research told me I needed the PAC C2R-FRD model with the interfaces but the guy at shop swore it would work that he had used the MUCH cheaper Scosche with success before. The FDK11B came with two leads, the larger one for the main radio factory harness and smaller lead to connect the factory sub/amp. The smaller one had rca's and 2 remote turn on leads. Did the bypass mod also. Everything works perfect including the steering wheel controls, for this I used the Axxess ASWC. Auto programmed perfectly.
My only complaint is this when head unit powers on now you can hear the amp/sub power up loudly. The way I hooked it up was via the small harness and I bundled the (2) blue/white remote turn on leads in the smaller harness and the Blue power antenna lead on the larger harness to main with the blue/white lead on the head unit. Again it works fine but just has the loud pop at turn on. Did I do something wrong?
Lastly and my main question here is does anyone know for sure what factory wire is the Vehicle Speed Sensor wire or VSS for 2008 with Audiophile w/ factory sub I didn't hook this up which is the pink wire on the Pioneer harness off head unit. The pink wire on the Scosche adapter to factory harness has a pink but it was labeled mute if i recall correctly. I think I know why the research calls for the PAC harness now because there are 3 factory plugs going to factory radio. The one I couldn't adapt to has the line in jack wires for mp3 and some other wires which I could not identify. I have the speed volume correction feature in stock radio so I know there is a vss wire somewhere in factory harness. Again the navigation works perfectly but I'm thinking I should try and hook the vss wire still. May unlock more features in the head unit, mph, driving score, etc...?? If any one knows for sure I would appreciate any insight, Thanks.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Mine was gray/black,dont know if they changed since 99-2004(only years i know for sure)

I think I recall also reading that Ford uses a grey/blk for the vss. Just not positive on the latest model yrs. I only want to take it out one more time if possible and more important not guess. I'll verify if the adapter harness pin that color matches the pink pioneer wire corresponds to grey/blk. Thanks for the reply.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I think I found the correct color from hours of searching tonight. Purple/Orange blunt cut in customer access bundle, right behind OBD2 port. I'll try and verify tomorrow.

bigbadford01

Reaction score
actually just read your whole post. take radio back out and put a 2k ohm resistor on the remote wires for the factory amp that will stop the popping noise.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
actually just read your whole post. take radio back out and put a 2k ohm resistor on the remote wires for the factory amp that will stop the popping noise.

Ok I'll try that thanks. Again love the head unit and all its features just hate that dam "power up pop" Where should I install the resistor, after the bundled connection I have and inline on its way to the smaller factory harness that leads to sub/amp? or in line on the remote turn on wire off head unit harness? does it matter?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.