Question on Built Tranny and H&S Canned Tunes

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick background info on the truck:

Engine has the normal upgrades plus a few extras and the tranny is an Elite Stg 3 with DPC converter. I've been running Gearhead tunes for awhile now that he wrote specifically for the engine/tranny mods.

Ive been doing a ton of reading and want to try doing some basic self tuning using MCC and will be using the H&S HD300 as my base file to start building off of.

My question is, will using the canned H&S tranny tunes with my built tranny/converter do any damage to it while I slowly feel my way around MCC and start learning how to adjust things on the engine side before I start diving into the tranny side of things?

Any info/advise/tips/tricks are more than welcome.. thanks guys!

sootie

Reaction score
are you trying to self tune the engine? or the trans.

if you are tuning the engine-just run Matts trans tune while you do this.

I'm pretty sure H&S doesn't recommend running their trans tunes on a built trans.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
at the moment I'm starting with just self tuning the engine, then down the road i'll take a stab at tuning the tranny. that's what I had thought with it not being recommended using canned tunes on a built tranny... I guess that makes sense though, just use matts tranny file for now while I mess with the engine side of things... boy I feel stupid now for not thinking of that lol

Crack85

Reaction score
at the moment I'm starting with just self tuning the engine, then down the road i'll take a stab at tuning the tranny. that's what I had thought with it not being recommended using canned tunes on a built tranny... I guess that makes sense though, just use matts tranny file for now while I mess with the engine side of things... boy I feel stupid now for not thinking of that lol

Must be the after effects of that honey moon LOL