High Idle

Salt250

Reaction score
Have any of yall wired one of the stock upfitter switches for high idle? If so which one and how?? If yall can please help me out thanks.....

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
wow all i had to do was hook my upfitter switch to 1 other wire on my 6.0 and it worked this looks like a whole lot more than that

what is a potentiometer? why do you have to have it and the resistor on these new 6.7s?

jwlandry

Reaction score
wow all i had to do was hook my upfitter switch to 1 other wire on my 6.0 and it worked this looks like a whole lot more than that

what is a potentiometer? why do you have to have it and the resistor on these new 6.7s?

Thats what I'm wondering. To do this on a 7.3 you have to go through all this. That's why I have mine done in the chip. So much easier.

G Racing

Reaction score
On the 6.0 all you have to do is hook up the wire to the up fitter switch, I used #4, and the pto wire. Takes about 10 minutes and works great. Dont remeber the wire colors right off the bat. The potentiometer just gives you the ability to adjust your rpms.

xtreamracer8

Reaction score
On the 6.0 all you have to do is hook up the wire to the up fitter switch, I used #4, and the pto wire. Takes about 10 minutes and works great. Dont remeber the wire colors right off the bat. The potentiometer just gives you the ability to adjust your rpms.

i think you can do it the same way with the 6.7, you need the " pot " if you want to be able to change the high idle limit

jwlandry

Reaction score

Jason did my truck like he mentioned above works flawless.

i think you can do it the same way with the 6.7, you need the " pot " if you want to be able to change the high idle limit

Thats what i was wondering... If you dont put the pot. meter, it should still work you just wont be able to adj. the idle speed. It will just be set a say 1200 rpm, like a 6.0. So with that said can you get away without the resistors as well?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
yeah so this can be done just like a 6.0 and 6.4 just hook the #4 switch to the PTO wire and should run it up to 1200 rpms

would this be a correct statement?

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
And this is how it ends? with a open question? does it work this way or not? If so where do I find the pto wire?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Check out the link on the first page. It will help out more. As far as the wire it should be under the dash up by the break pedal

Latest posts

Members online