New 6.4L Programming release

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
We just released the new version of software for the 6.4L trucks. Currently it's only available for the 9625OR Livewire, but we'll have the X3 and TSX files ready really soon.

The new update includes all the latest flashes from Ford. There is an additional engine and trans tune also.

Engine tune choices:
IDP Xtreme Race - 325+rwhp
IDP Xtreme Street - 285+rwhp
IDP Xtreme Mild - 300rwhp, smoother fueling transition
IDP Street - 215rwhp
IDP Tow - 85rwhp
Stock Power

Trans tune choices:
Dyno Only - 1:1 lock for dyno(most just dyno in OD with Race Lock)
Race Lock - firm shifts for high power tunes, lower mph lockup
Firm shifts stock lock - firm shifts for high power tunes
Smooth shifts delay lock - smoother shifting, holds lockup and OD until later
Soft shifts - great for towing or very smooth shifting. Only for Street or Tow.

The price of the tuning is $399 for the complete package.

If you have version 2.55 or later, it's a $100 upgrade.

You will need to ship the Livewire to us to be upgraded. We'll have an automatic online upgrade solution over the next couple months.

Thanks.

MINK

Reaction score
Very cool..I dont know if I can bring my self to use the new mild tune now that I'm so use to the extreme race LOL .....What kind of turn around do you have on the reprogram?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How late are you holding od shifts?

Also is there a pw difference between xrace stock injectors vs xrace bigger injectors?

Spatel23

Reaction score
How late are you holding od shifts?

Also is there a pw difference between xrace stock injectors vs xrace bigger injectors?

:whs:

I know I will be upgraded by the time I get my truck back but I am curious as to what the in depth explanation of the new changes are. Details please.

One more question, is there anything you are currently offering to eliminate the TPMS or the ability to adjust it? I am at the point of paying whatever you ask to get that dang light off my dash:poke:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I guess my question is whats the benefit to go get fords new flash and run this revision?

I already have the tuning package but didn't know if this one is better or if there was really any difference.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been running this tune for the past 2 days and with the delayed trans tune it holds od out till 60 which on my truck is alot better than with the race lock. There seems to be abit more fuel on the race tune than before and seat of the pants the truck feels more powerfull. We are going to be doing some dyno testing between the two race tunes and heading to the track soon to test them, all in all i think everyone will be happy with the new tuning!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree......I was hoping for 70-75 also. Is it something that we could get adjusted on an as needed basis?

It would be nice like on the older trucks where you can select where the shifts are yourself, i know on my 7.3 i could select each shift and where i wanted it.

Be nice for a lot of stuff actually, select pulse width and low end fueling options ect.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Come up to 6000 feet lock the converter and shift into od at 55mph... tell me how good that does getting on the highway in traffic....

How much boost does that 66 make at 1200 rpm

And when desired back pressure is low and vgt duty cycle is at 35 percent at part throttle... what's the point of a vgt if its wide open?

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify in normal shifting mode 60mph is probably good. But I've made it pretty clear that in tow haul mode complete od lock out would be an awesome option or a really high shift point like 75 MPH would be good for alot of people even with stock turbos just so there is the user option to hold direct gear.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
i usually do that with my foot while I am towing. If it down shifts I have, or did with the older tunes, a sweet spot in the pedal that while climbing the truck would not up shift.
Now this might be that I have 4.88's so I only down shift once normally.
Having 3.55's o 3.73's I could see having a later shift would help out.
With the delay lock it is a pretty good daily driving tranny tune for me. Right now I ahve the Xtreme Mild with the firmer with stock lock and drives great. That Xtreme Mild tune just became my new street tune.

JDub

Reaction score
I guess I should clarify in normal shifting mode 60mph is probably good. But I've made it pretty clear that in tow haul mode complete od lock out would be an awesome option or a really high shift point like 75 MPH would be good for alot of people even with stock turbos just so there is the user option to hold direct gear.

This is true. Even with the stock turbos back on my truck at our elevation, the OD shift being down at 55mph really lugs my truck hard, especially if you're towing. Gotta use a lot of throttle and tow/haul to hold that off until 60. Overdrive at 65mph when towing is about perfect in my truck.

I just sent a Livewire off to Eric last week, got it back yesterday but haven't had time to load it up yet, too busy moving. I'll try it out this week, excited to try them out, first time Innovative user...

Moremph

Reaction score
Do the customers who have had shifting surging issues/the newest ford update release issues since the day they purchased thier livewire have to pay the $100 upgrade?

Latest posts

Members online