Will a downpipe help with BP?

Shipmate

Reaction score
I am at sea level here in GA. I have the KEM 310 tune loaded up and I had a itch today after seeing Mikes burnouts and the others Burn out thread. I took my 11 year old son out to a abandon parking lot to show him about burn outs. Just like any good old dad would right! So we proceed to smoke the living crap out of the tires I slung it around a few times and he is just a giggling. Anyways I was looking at the Dash Daq and I was seeing EBP at 77.5 in red so I got off of it. I was less than half throttle went I saw it. I have a 4" downpipe back. If I was to put a downpipe on the truck will it reduce a little back pressure? I also still have the EGRs on the truck but soon they will be deleted.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
no, the turbine on the turbos are the restriction not the exhaust system.

77 isnt that bad, at sea level thats only 63psi of back pressure, and if your near 50 lbs of boost thats not that bad of a ratio, i wouldnt worry about it honestly, if you were creeping to 85psi absolute back pressure i could see that starting to become a problem

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack your thread but on an h&s mini mAx ebp is that drive pressure? Also do I subtract anything from that number.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yes and no. I was helping a guy the other day and we realized his Black Maxx was reading back pressure without barometric pressure added in.

Latest posts

Members online