Drop hitch for 8" lift

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
What would be a good brand drop hitch for my 250 with 8" lift and 38's?
I'm not looking for bling factor don't care if it's aluminum or steel/powdercoated...
Just want it to be dependable and work like it's supposed to. I will never pull a camper only thing i tow is my 4 wheeler trailer and my race car trailer. So combined weight of towing is less than 9k pounds. Also i don't plan on taking super long trips out of state for hours on end but hey u never know. I have read more bad reviews than good for the trz trimax brand?? But none off this site. Any input would be appreciated.

pizalm

Reaction score
I have an aluminum Andersen rapid hitch. No complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Without measuring I'm thinking I need Atleast an 11" drop. I used a buddy of mines and it was 11" but my trailer end was draging on a not so steep driveway.

sootie

Reaction score
pm weazel on here. i bet he has some insight to share with you...

alradco

Reaction score
I've got one of the non adjustable aluminum ones, cost about $90. Does what it's supposed to.

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Looks like the trimax is gonna fit the height I need. About 11"-12" and the reviews I saw where just a bunch of lil complaints. I too would complain that it only comes in a 2" receiver where we have a 2.5". That also means the lock that comes with it will not fit there for I have to buy a longer one. Then after that it will not match my other lock for the adjuster. Damn that!!!

But how well do you guys think it will work with the 12" drop and pulling a load. As far as the bracing and structure if the u it go. Granted I will be under the capacity but I do tend to drive fast when loaded down. U know u also get the occasional side road that has a bunch of off set bumps,rough roads and what not. I just don't want the Damn thing to break on me and cause danger to my self and others. We know how aluminum just cracks and breaks off unlike metal that can give a warning before failure. After all don't they have to pass a certain tolerance of testing for safety??

Latest posts

Members online