Inline Fuel heater

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Is there anyone who makes an inline fuel heater that I can put in my electric fuel setup? I don't want to take a chance on having a cold fuel problem this winter.

Tom S

Reaction score
A good place to start reading on those would be some of the vegistroker sites.

Irishcream

Reaction score
I live in winter hell in Winnipeg and have no need for a fuel heater. The only real need for it is either you are running like a previous posted had mentioned veggie fuel or if you are going to be traveling up north and don't plan on fueling up. Most colder climates switch to winter fuel in the fall so the risk is relatively low. You can also use an antigel additive.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I live in winter hell in Winnipeg and have no need for a fuel heater. The only real need for it is either you are running like a previous posted had mentioned veggie fuel or if you are going to be traveling up north and don't plan on fueling up. Most colder climates switch to winter fuel in the fall so the risk is relatively low. You can also use an antigel additive.
Good info.

How hard is your start in the winter?

genuineford

Reaction score
I ran no fuel heater in the winter in WI. I never had a problem, just make sure you get decent winter blend fuel.

Irishcream

Reaction score
Not a single issue with starting last winter. Just gotta remember to plug it in when it's really bad. In the years that i've owned my truck I've never had any frozen fuel. It smokes a little during real cold starts but I have installed a tony wildman chip and for some reason it has solved my smoke issue at startup. Gotta remember that real cold here is -40 celsius. which is also -40 F.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Shoot, mine smokes a bit when I first start it up in the morning even with the chip and 80* weather.

I will watch it and see what happens at first this winter. The gas stations around here switch to a winter blended diesel. I also plan to run the white bottle of Diesel Kleen in the winter.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
if your unsure, freshen up the glow plug system, 8 new motorcraft plugs and a stancor relay. i did mine last year started up first time every time. never got crazy cold here 10-15 degrees and it didnt have an issue. i would be more concerned about that than cold fuel on start up. like others said. a good anti gel should be all you need

Tom S

Reaction score
Not bad unless one twists off leaving the core in the head.

Tom S

Reaction score
No they are resusable. I have the more minority opinion that a fuel heater is not a bad idea.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
what about the heater in the fuel bowl? mine is still in working order i know im not the only one. wouldnt that be enough? if it works

mjonesjr

Reaction score
what about the heater in the fuel bowl? mine is still in working order i know im not the only one. wouldnt that be enough? if it works
If the one in the fuel bowl works, then no need to get an inline one.

I am asking because I am removing the fuel bowl and swapping in an electric fuel system so I won't have the fuel bowl heater anymore.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
ahh, missed that. glow plugs are easy. it took about 2-2.5 hours the first time i did them just like doing spark plugs, but under the vc's

Latest posts

Members online