How hard to pull the cab?

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
I have a long list of stuff I need to do to my truck this winter when it will no longer start. I am considering removing the engine or cab to do these things. How long does it take to remove the cab?

I see body mounts, brake lines, engine electrical connections, and battery wires. Transmission shift lever, what else?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Rad and heater hoses, grounds, and what you mentioned. Takes less than hr to have it in the air.

chromehound

Reaction score
What ever you do try to save some headache and pre-soak every bolt, nut and fastener you see and think you might even have to put a wrench to at least a couple times a week for a week or two prior to tear down. It really sucks when one bolt holds you up and then you get pissed and break things.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I havent pulled any obs cabs. BUT I pull SD cabs like its my job (because it is LOL) I have to call a little bit of BS on less then an hour. SD cab 2-2 1/2 hrs fairly easy. I just cant see what would be so much easier on a obs. Please give me some tips b/c I will pull my 97 obs cab and through some headstuds and such in.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
You obviously do not live in the salt belt. I have had single bolts that take over an hour to get out.

I do, and you're right, but an hr for 1 bolt? :doh: You own a hot-wrench dontcha?

The trick is to bare-down, it'll losen or break, I'm good with either. :thumbup:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I havent pulled any obs cabs. BUT I pull SD cabs like its my job (because it is LOL) I have to call a little bit of BS on less then an hour. SD cab 2-2 1/2 hrs fairly easy. I just cant see what would be so much easier on a obs. Please give me some tips b/c I will pull my 97 obs cab and through some headstuds and such in.

No bs, the 1st 1 took 3 days untill I had a better system to pull. The 1 last week I pulled in 45 mins after getting home at 6:00pm, went to a school faculty fish fry 7:00pm, and stabbed onto the new chassis at dark 8;45PM. And this was in the grass w/o air.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5030

Last edited:

genuineford

Reaction score
I do, and you're right, but an hr for 1 bolt? :doh: You own a hot-wrench dontcha?

The trick is to bare-down, it'll losen or break, I'm good with either. :thumbup:

Yeah bur it depends on where the bolt is and what it is for. I am not necessarily talking about bolts for pulling the cab but I have had some stubborn ones that the hot wrench was not an option to use. I do know that I would not want to have to pull the cab on my current truck because of the cab mount bolts.

Latest posts

Members online