Need help with what turbo this is??

smoker00

Reaction score
I don’t know how it post pictures but ill give as much info as I can it’s a Honeywell/garrett off a Detroit mtu/ddc P/N 0080965599 S/N NGM36842 the cold side is about 84mm in. and 123.5mm ex. 81ar.
The hot side is 102mm ex. At 1.12 ar. :flipa:

Thanks to all..

smoker00

Reaction score
Thanks for the info cowboy dan.. I looked around the net with no luck.. The Eng. It go’s on V16 mtu 4000 gets fore of these big O turbos I traded a guy some stuff for it.. Dose any body know any more about it?:shrug:

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info cowboy dan.. I looked around the net with no luck.. The Eng. It go’s on V16 mtu 4000 gets fore of these big O turbos I traded a guy some stuff for it.. Dose any body know any more about it?:shrug:

Exhaust gasses go in one side, turn the turbine wheel, and exit. The turbine wheel turns the compressor wheel via a shaft, and the compressor wheel pushes air from the inlet to the outlet. Oh, and it helps to have a good oil supply and drain.

One thing about using a turbo from another application is that the OEM of the truck/engine is probably not going to tell you anything about it. They don't want to give out that information since it's proprietary. And the turbo manufacturer probably won't tell you anything about it since it was some custom spec to the OEM, and they don't want to make the OEM mad.

Smokyred

Reaction score
One thing about using a turbo from another application is that the OEM of the truck/engine is probably not going to tell you anything about it. They don't want to give out that information since it's proprietary. And the turbo manufacturer probably won't tell you anything about it since it was some custom spec to the OEM, and they don't want to make the OEM mad.

Exactly, you'll have to do some digging to figure out if it will work. Knowing the displacement and max rpm of the engine it came off of, along with the general application (OTR, stationary, etc.) of the engine will help.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online