Oil

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
What oil is everyone running? ive been using delo 15/40 since new. but thinking about going to amsoil. most syn are 5/40 tho. what do you guys think?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
A lot of opinions on this.
I run either Delo or Rotella, what ever is on sale when I cahnge the oil.
I run Rotella 5/40 Synthetic in my Impala and Rhino, but both are changed a lot. Mainly because both run at a high RPM and are beat on a little more than the truck.
I am not a fan of running a lot of miles between changes, so runing an oil that is 2-3 times the price doesnt work. Plus in everything I have the oil temps get hot and really hot on some.
Amsoil I have read it is good oil, but I dont know from personal experience.

JD3020

Reaction score
When we had our 6.4 we ran plain ole Rotella in it. Same thing we run in every diesel and our four wheelers. Except i'm trying out full synthetic in the 7.3 and my brother has Amsoil in the 6.0.

BFT

Reaction score
how hard do you drive your truck, towing and what not? i thought about ams oil but for the price and the fact that its not readily available is the reason its holding me back.

i run DELO 15/40 and used to run the ford stuff.

Big monk

Reaction score
I've tried ll three.: rotella, delo, and premium blue. Truck seems to like the valvo blue better than the other two, so thats what I've been running for awhile.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
how hard do you drive your truck, towing and what not? i thought about ams oil but for the price and the fact that its not readily available is the reason its holding me back.

i run DELO 15/40 and used to run the ford stuff.

i dont run it that hard. but i do sit in traffic 90% of the time. i can get amsoil fairly easy so thats not a problem. just kinda wondering on the diff wt. going from 15/40 to a 5/40 syn guess i can try it and always go back to delo if it sucks or i think its a waist.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i dont run it that hard. but i do sit in traffic 90% of the time. i can get amsoil fairly easy so thats not a problem. just kinda wondering on the diff wt. going from 15/40 to a 5/40 syn guess i can try it and always go back to delo if it sucks or i think its a waist.

who cant get amsoil easy? lol ..for a deal its still close to $100 . i run delo and change every 5k or every 6 months, which ever comes first. never had 5k come first yet. i highly doubt you'll notice anything from either, but maybe a blackstone test with both would be cool.

powr2stroke

Reaction score
I just run Delo in mine and might try the other but I'm right in the middle of an oil analysis baseline from the build so it will be a while .

Latest posts

Members online