suspension help

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Heres what i have and what im doing. I have custom overloads made for up front that give my springs a bit of a positive arch. Not much but enough to level it a little better. I want to add in an rsk (not shure on 3 or 5 inch) and want enough room to clear 36x14.50 swampers on 16.5x12 wheels with 4 inch backspace (i think is what they are) under a decent amount of flex. I want to retain my overloads for various reasons. I want to retain my factory rear leafs for my airbag setup that im using and want to know how big of block in the rear and what size rsk in front! I also want to keep the lift as minimal as possible (like 4 inch) for pulling gooseneck and for being a work truck, but need a little bit of lift for clearance issues on tires and offroad at my hunting land. Give me some ideas and thoughts/advice. You can see my overloads with 36x12.50s in my build thread in my sig. The fender that was mounted with the 36 on was trimmed so i know with a wider tire under flex i will have clearance issues and want to get rid of the clearance issues. think of it like i want to put it on an articulation ramp with no rubbing with tires at lock. Thanks

Biggreen96

Reaction score
Swamprat I wanna say a 4" will be enough for those tires. Im running a 6 and 37" with enough room to go bigger if i want

genuineford

Reaction score
I am running 35X12.5-16.5 tires on my truck with no lift and just the bumper spaced out at the moment. I do not know what the backspacing is on the rims. I would say that 4 inches would be plenty to clear 36x14.5's.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I had 37s on it before with it just leveled. I had to trim the front bumper and i did not have to trim the fenders but they were not my tires so i figured why risk chewin em up. What amount of lift would be provided by each rsk with my front springs? I want it to sit level and it still has a little bit of a rake to it right now. Not much, but some. 3 inch rsk with 3 inch blocks, or 5 inch rsk with 4 inch blocks? I would like it to sit very similar to how it is now, but higher. The 36x12.50s i have on it stick out about 4.5 inches right now so the 14.50s will stick out more. Remember i want them to not rub at full articulation and full lock

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online