how to check for pmr's or forged rods?

stonepusher

Reaction score
Im making my way to Houston tomorrow to look at and possibly buy a 7.3, can anyone tell me what I need to look for and how to check the rods? Thanks in advance.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive got a better idea!

Take some 300cc inj's and a 42r and some tuning with you, if it chucks a rod right away its probably a pmr, or maybe just a high mileage FR motor, or maybe just a bad motor....

On second thought, disregard everything I just said.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Seriously before you get severly pissed. Take the pan off and look inside the block do not just look threw the peep hole.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Like the oil pan just comes off easy.

Maybe you don't remember the incident that happen last year. I had got a 7.3l motor and posted it for sale well Cameron was interested in it but David said he'd trade injectors for it so I did well Cameron bought it from David turns out it had water in it I had no idea either. So if you wanna save your self money and time make sure it's a good motor that's all I'm saying.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Im making my way to Houston tomorrow to look at and possibly buy a 7.3, can anyone tell me what I need to look for and how to check the rods? Thanks in advance.

Maybe you don't remember the incident that happen last year. I had got a 7.3l motor and posted it for sale well Cameron was interested in it but David said he'd trade injectors for it so I did well Cameron bought it from David turns out it had water in it I had no idea either. So if you wanna save your self money and time make sure it's a good motor that's all I'm saying.

Can you point out Where in the above Text that it says RUNNING? I'd highly appreaciate it. Thanks

Tom S

Reaction score

I remember that incident for sure. If I was buying a used motor I would be more interested in if it had good compression. Pulling the drain plug would provide a good idea for the fluid in it looking for the milkshake.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, Sorry for the miscommunication but I had failed to mention it was a truck that we are looking at for my little brother, Yesterday, we found and bought a 1999 7.3 F-250 C/C long bed 4x4 Lariat, it has 304k miles on the ticker but when looking under the hood, driving it, and doing all around inspection, this truck was very well taken care off. Thanks from the help of Cameron from TSD(gave me some pointers before I left yesterday on things to look for and check) I felt alot better about getting this truck for my little brother. Once again, thanks for yall's info and now its time for little bro to get this thing runnin its A** off!

Barnabas

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, Sorry for the miscommunication but I had failed to mention it was a truck that we are looking at for my little brother, Yesterday, we found and bought a 1999 7.3 F-250 C/C long bed 4x4 Lariat, it has 304k miles on the ticker but when looking under the hood, driving it, and doing all around inspection, this truck was very well taken care off. Thanks from the help of Cameron from TSD(gave me some pointers before I left yesterday on things to look for and check) I felt alot better about getting this truck for my little brother. Once again, thanks for yall's info and now its time for little bro to get this thing runnin its A** off!

bought my truck when it had 290,000 on it and it was a 01. Same thing on mine it was in great running condition and had just had 6 injectors replaced, i have had minimum repairs needed to be made and love the truck.

Latest posts

Members online