2008 6.4 Noise

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Does it still build normal boost? I would check for a boost leak could be the sound of air escaping

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I've had that happen a few times, its the start of and up pipe leak, the noise with get quieter as the hole gets larger then it just sounds like a tire with a air leak.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
OK so no soot. Could it be my HPFP making noise?

Where all did you look? You need to check all of the entire up pipe on both sides, around the down pipe and also between both turbos where they connect together. If it's the early stages there may be little soot and it will be hard to find, but eventually it will get bigger the sound won't be as high pitched and there will be a lot more soot. I've had to do mine a few times it's pretty common on 6.4's.

Desertdweller

Reaction score
Where all did you look? You need to check all of the entire up pipe on both sides, around the down pipe and also between both turbos where they connect together. If it's the early stages there may be little soot and it will be hard to find, but eventually it will get bigger the sound won't be as high pitched and there will be a lot more soot. I've had to do mine a few times it's pretty common on 6.4's.

I will get a better look when they pull the cab to replace the HPFP:doh:

Desertdweller

Reaction score
I went to check the codes with my live wire but all it did was flash the red light 3 or 4 times and the red light stays solid after that, is my live wire junk or can I send it in to get fixed?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I went to check the codes with my live wire but all it did was flash the red light 3 or 4 times and the red light stays solid after that, is my live wire junk or can I send it in to get fixed?
SC
I wont be any help there because my LW never read codes other than the LW codes. Try calling SCT on that one and see what they suggest.

Desertdweller

Reaction score
OK so my livewire is fine it just had a button that was stuck. The HPFP is fine just had air in the system. Now for the high pitched noise, I found the elbow that connects the turbos together loose because of missing nuts and a broken stud- the one that goes through the valve cover and into the head, I kinda wiggled it back into place and the noise went away so I will update after I do the repair. Thanks for the help everyone.

powersmokin64

Reaction score
Did you get that exhaust on? UPS billed me 295 for shipping and said it should have weighed 300 lbs due to measurements we are still going back and forth! Hope it worked for ya

BFT

Reaction score
Did you get that exhaust on? UPS billed me 295 for shipping and said it should have weighed 300 lbs due to measurements we are still going back and forth! Hope it worked for ya

what the... i dont even think the stock exhaust with DPF and cat weigh that muchLOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.