PM Storage Limits

morepower02

Reaction score
Read them and delete them, or save to you computer. Why on earth do you need to keep 150 pm's?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I keep the messages back and forth between people if I'm buying or selling them something so I can reference it if need be but once I receive an item or vice versa they get deleted.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm at 90% full. I ask people questions they might not answer on the forum, and keep them for future reference on my truck.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah I have to delete mine a lot be nice if we could have more maybe 250 cause I'm with the others when I'm buying and selling I like to be able to keep my convos

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok its set to 250 now. We will see how that goes.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does it cost more money to do this?

Money no, performance hell yeah.

Think about it. A database has overhead. Everytime you click a page or login it has see if you have unread messages right? New pm's and such.

Ok if everybody lets 250 messages build up it causes overhead on the server. Even if someone quits the site and never comes back those 250 messages are sitting in there from now till forever.

It used to be 150. Now its 250.

If it used to take 100ms to scan my 150 messages it now takes 190ms to see if I have new mail. Thats everytime I log in, everytime I click a link, everytime I do anything on the site.

Multiply that by 100 people online doing stuff at once you get some load.

Multiply that but 500 people online doing stuff at once you get a bunch of load.

Every extra point those message limits are raised you exponentially increase load.

I want to make sure everyone has enough space for that but thats why I dont pick huge numbers and instead just raise it as needed.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My box stays about full all the time so Im guilty as anyone else on letting them build up.

But thats why I wont just raise the limit real high. No ones going to police their pm box all the time. That would get old fast Id imagine :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.