burning threw IPR's

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
some may have seen this from psn or fte but im stumped.
back ground on the truck

160/100s
te500
twin sd pumps
s471 on the way
dp tuned
exhaust CAI
5spd 94.5

old ipr cut out at full throttle or right around 3k rpm on the dot every time like it was defueling but determined its not
scanned the truck and holds 3040psi till red line

truck just cuts power up top and sounds like its dropping an injector and fuel. on a hard run coming to idol it will lope. finally set a cel p12...11? or 03? not sure sorry, it was a icp out of range. tried new icp sensor no dice. tried new ipr from ford. no more CEL and runs good. gave it a quick blast and it had full juice again. sweet! gave it one more go and it started c utting out again... there goes another 300$

WHEN the CEL is on the truck has like 900icp and i have full power and its a ton of fun to drive. when theres no cel it cuts out

fords going to warranty me a new ipr but i dont want to burn threw this one becuase i doubt they will warranty a new one.

as of yesterday i ohmed out everything and it all checks out to spec even with the CEL on. continuity test shows no bad wires. ive swapped out pcm, idm and everything inbetween including tuners. no dice.

what am i missing??

Wackerjr

Reaction score
if your holding 3000 psi it aint the ipr....new ipr may have masked the real issue from the get go...

I would put my money on a biased ICP sensor... the ipr is fine...

odds are you unplug it there is oil in the topside of the plug, means its biased....

next time it cuts out try unpluging it it will default to a set psi but should no longer cut out...

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
thing is ive tried a new icp. given i didnt drive it long but im pretty sure that wasnt the issue. soon as i plugged in the new ipr the truck ran brand new again. things effed.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
another thing to add is, if i put in this stupid diablo chip single position piggy back it runs like a raped ape. doesnt cut out or anything, all other custom chips leave me in the same boat with cutting out. the diablo runs weird and hot!

Tom S

Reaction score
When did the issue first occur. Have you recorded a data log of the ICP, IPR, PW, RPM on say a 60 mph roll into the power to WOT till the issue occurs?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
it accured a little over a month ago, the cutting out got worse and worse till it threw the code. but i just got off the scanner. this is all with the CEL on, i couldnt run tests with out it coming back on.

idol was 690. DC% was 13-14 at idol. 35% max with 2460psi max
icp is 725 no matter what untill i put a load on it of some sort, seems to jump to 1000 pretty quick. but tapping the pedal and still stays at 725psi

codes 1211 and 1284 followed by an intermittent cam sensor. 3040??

truck screams for only putting out 2400psi. its capped at 2800 by jody. thought it was icp related at first.

no idea, i want to do fresh oil, fresh warranty ipr and possibly try a different hpop

Reaction score
sounds to me like it may be a tuning issue at wot with the t500.when i first put my stealth in and ran it down the track id peg the 4000psi hpop gauge and blow the injectors open and develop a bad miss and come back to idle rough.a little more tuning problem solved.just a thought to look into.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
it accured a little over a month ago, the cutting out got worse and worse till it threw the code. but i just got off the scanner. this is all with the CEL on, i couldnt run tests with out it coming back on.

idol was 690. DC% was 13-14 at idol. 35% max with 2460psi max
icp is 725 no matter what untill i put a load on it of some sort, seems to jump to 1000 pretty quick. but tapping the pedal and still stays at 725psi

codes 1211 and 1284 followed by an intermittent cam sensor. 3040??

truck screams for only putting out 2400psi. its capped at 2800 by jody. thought it was icp related at first.

no idea, i want to do fresh oil, fresh warranty ipr and possibly try a different hpop

If the actual reading was 2465psi that is a false reading when the PCM is pissed off.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
lol yeah, im sure it would be alot slower if it was a true 2400. going to try a different icp and new ipr and blah. go from there i guess

Latest posts

Members online