2008 lariat no heat drivers side

MossBack

Reaction score
So when temp is all way the up there is no heat until its selected to front air vents then passenger side gets warm but drivers side stays cold and defrost blows cold air. I am on the hunch that its a control problem. I am not sure if it has a vacuum pump like the older sd's that are famous for going bad.

i wanna jump on this project before it gets cold. This started towards the end of last winter and a/c has been fine all summer. this is my fathers truck but i do his work.

thanks in advance!

White_monster

Reaction score
Prob the blend door motor. I had the exact same situation, no cold on drivers side. Changed out the motor and good to go. It's a big job too. Dash needs to come apart.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I need to do this also and am not looking forward to driver's side swap. I hear they're a royal PIA to get to. Whoever designed this for Ford should be canned. Its most likely planned attrition on Ford's part because it happens in every, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury vehicle that has them! Junk!

Rant over.

eric.davis

Reaction score
Mines been this way for almost 2 yrs. And it's because I don't want to do it or pay someone to do it either. Thank god I only live 7.5miles away from work.

MossBack

Reaction score
Wow shocked too! my dad is all about not doing it either. I am eager to do it but my dad has an attachment to it .. o well thanks for the replies.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
I'm surprised so many of you are having this problem. All your trucks are relatively new.

This is a notorious problem with ALL Fords, not just their truck line. This crap design has carried over year after year after year. Like I stated before, JUNK!!

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Took me a hour to change the passenger blend door motor. It's not too bad at all. Drivers side motor is a little easier to get to actually. Have fun guys.

Really? You sure drivers is easier? Just inquiring because I haven't scoped it out yet. I was led to believe by a tech that the passenger side was cake and the driver's was more of a PIA. I sincerely hope he is wrong and you are right!

KPBJJ

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I'm having the same problem. No heat on the drivers side and I just spent 2 hours changing the blend door actuator and it still ain't hot. Any ideas what else could be causing this?

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
Not knowing these trucks very well (I've only had mine for a few months), but by judging the responses to this post did you confirm that the actuator worked before installing it? Just wondering if the new one was bad. Again don't know these trucks very well, but I would pull it off the blend door/linkage leave the electrical connection attached, start the truck, set the drivers side to full cold then to full hot to see if the actuator rotates. If it does then, I'd install it back on the unit and repeat. Not sure if blend door is pinned to the top or bottom of the unit to where the unit case is the hinge and the door pin actually protrudes out of the case to where you can see if it is moving or not.

I've had some new ones that were bad so I'm hoping this is your problem. Without knowing a little more about these I don't have any idea what could be causing the problem.

MossBack

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I'm having the same problem. No heat on the drivers side and I just spent 2 hours changing the blend door actuator and it still ain't hot. Any ideas what else could be causing this?

I suggest that you do what my father did. Traded it in for a 2012 cclb in the new white and tan. But get navi as the stock cd with sync sucks.

Tech wise i am not sure and I could not convince him to tear into it. If i had an 08 I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sorry I am of no help. If u were close id help do it so that I knew for sure.

Latest posts

Members online