mcc control of egr

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Just curious those who have been using mmc if you can control egr position based upon exhaust back pressure?

I'm pretty much convinced myself to buy mmc, mostly due to the fact that I want load based shifting, but if I can control the egr how I like then its a no brainer.

Thanks for any information.

TD-5

Reaction score
No I don't think you can, EGR set point (% open) is controlled by RPM & Torque as the two variables that determine valve position.
In HD300 the EGR is completely shut off. I have never looked at the Easy & Mild Tuning files thru MCC, but apparently "easy" still cycles the EGR. The tables would probably look something like the stock tables.

Attachments

• H&S MCC EGR set point HD300.jpg
    H&S MCC EGR set point HD300.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 78
  • H&S MCC EGR set point (AUTO_STOCK).jpg
    H&S MCC EGR set point (AUTO_STOCK).jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 75

ckrueg

Reaction score
You could open it at high rpms and torque which is when the ebp is highestThat might work.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
No I don't think you can, EGR set point (% open) is controlled by RPM & Torque as the two variables that determine valve position.
In HD300 the EGR is completely shut off. I have never looked at the Easy & Mild Tuning files thru MCC, but apparently "easy" still cycles the EGR. The tables would probably look something like the stock tables.

My mild maps show 0's throughout (disabled) those same screens FYI