scaling the MAF

powerstroked08

Reaction score
So who has a clue on how to scale the MAF? We FINALLY can do this!!!! Thanks H&S! From what I understand this is a big deal with the duramax guys, so its got to make a differance for us. Especially with larger turbos.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So who has a clue on how to scale the MAF? We FINALLY can do this!!!! Thanks H&S! From what I understand this is a big deal with the duramax guys, so its got to make a differance for us. Especially with larger turbos.

I got with Bentley to help ryan out opening that table, and I think ryan is heavily into it. not sure how far he's gotten yet.

Kind

Reaction score
I got with Bentley to help ryan out opening that table, and I think ryan is heavily into it. not sure how far he's gotten yet.

Like so many times in the past, you've been a brotha!

As far as guys rescaling the maf with single air intakes, there is no need to adjust it much. There is some to gain because of the larger then stock air intake our mafs are designed for tho. Other then that, a single air intake should be reading fairly close I assume.

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

Kind

Reaction score
I did a little research and realize how ignorant my last statement was lol. If you could figure out the volume difference between the stock intake size and a aftermarket or custom one you could in theory add that percentage to rescale your maf. In some cases it could be quite significant.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok Ryan. So do you mean the intake size/volume or should I get a compressor map and go off of that to set my kg. per hour? I think the table shows(once converted) 73 lb/min as a max. So if my turbo flows 95 lb/min should I scale it to have 95 lb/min the max?

Kind

Reaction score
The intake size.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
seeing the No Limit intake size is quite a bit bigger than a factory intake, would this be beneficial to someone like myself running factory style upgraded turbos and mikes intake?

Kind

Reaction score
I would assume that adjusting the maf is beneficial to anyone with a larger then stock intake and a tune with the maf turned on. Just remember small adjustments and the more air the truck thinks it's getting the more fuel it will command. A person may need to adjust the low boost fueling tables. I had to turn mine way down. Made my truck much more snappy then with the low boost fuel tables maxed out across the board... Which prior to rescaling the maf was the best setup I had and made the truck the most lively.

Latest posts

Members online