EGR Delete or Downpipe

Shipmate

Reaction score
Debating on my next upgrade. I have a 4" delete pipe to a 4" magnaflow exhaust. Do I go ahead and do the 4" downpipe, or should I buy and install an EGR delete now? Which one should I buy and do first? The truck is a 08 with 42K on it. It has been tuned for the last 20K. Thanks

ezzyke

Reaction score
I have noticed a big difference since I installed a full magnaflow turbo back kit. I did however delete everything including the muffler. It's a quick install on a 6.0 not sure about a 6.4

Danbonzo

Reaction score
The sooner you loose the egr the more life you add to your engine. I wish I lost my coolers when I first bought the truck. Downpipe is easy install and unless you are going all out with your mods and tuning, honestly you really won't notice a huge improvement other than an egt drop of around 30-50 degrees cooler at idle or cruise.

DGCstroker

Reaction score
So I am fixing to do dpf delete and tunes and exhaust. the question is, is it worth it to do the blocker plates for now or just wait and use that $200 soon down the road on the wastegate?

Danbonzo

Reaction score
So I am fixing to do dpf delete and tunes and exhaust. the question is, is it worth it to do the blocker plates for now or just wait and use that $200 soon down the road on the wastegate?

Depends, where are you ultimately headed as far as power level. If you are going to go big, say 275hp and up a waste gate is definitely the right move to relieve the high drive pressure the 6.4 setup puts out. If you are aiming for 250 hp and down you could just do the blocker plates and have the insurance against your coolers going south, which in all reality is a fairly uncommon thing. I can name of one case personally that I know of for a fact where the cooler cracked and leaked the motor. The other benefit of blocker plate is your engine will be much cleaner because the soot is being eliminated from the equation. Both are smart moves, depending on your budget.

Latest posts

Members online