Fuel System ?

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I just finished putting my RR kit on and I'm trying to set the fp. I have an external regulator that I put on my fass a while back to cure a fluctuation issue and it is set at 60 psi. naturally, the gauge on my RR is showing 60 psi as well. now when I tried to crank the pressure on the rr, it stayed at 60, no matter how tight i got it. when I dropped the pressure on the fass regulator to 50, the reg return gauge stayed at 50 too, despite me turning it up

basically, i can't make any adjustments to my system pressure from the regulator at the top of the motor on the reg return kit.....why not?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Because the regulator on the FASS is controlling the system pressure. You can't make the system pressure any higher than the pressure the pump (FASS) is putting out. If you want more than 60psi at the engine, you have to turn the regulator on the FASS up to at least the pressure you want (possibly higher).

strokin6L

Reaction score
yeah like dennis said...you need the pressure at the FASS the same or higher than the regulator at the engine. If you want to be able to set the regulator at 60psi at the engine...then the regulator you have at the FASS has to be at least 60psi or higher. I would eliminate the regulator at the FASS...no need for it.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well i'm not sure what happened but it's working now. i had the fass turned up to 60 and tried to turn it down to 50 at the motor just to see if it worked and it didn't budge. so then i backed the set screw all the way out then all the way in...then it started working. diaphragm stuck maybe?

anyways, strokin i'm going to keep the regulator on the fass so i can adjust pump pressure if needed. seems to be working ok now!

Latest posts

Members online