dingleb

Reaction score

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
like on PSN... use PLIERS!!! I didnt even know they had a tool for the tube

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Are you replacing the branch tube or the standpipes there's a big difference one require the trans out and back motor plate and heads off
Standpipes are simple take valvecover off and unscrew if only the one piece comes out take the oil rail off and use a pair off plyers to pull the rest out

dingleb

Reaction score
I'm replacing the branch tube and was told by a ford service guy that I needed to pull the standpipes out to do so. He also said that I shoulde be able to do it with the oil rails off.

My fitting on the hpop blew apart and cracked the rear cover and bent the branch tube. I've got the trans out, cover off, flexplate off, turbo out, hpop out and all the other junk that you would need to remove. Cab is still on the truck.

Reaction score
a pair of pliers will get the standpipe out.as for the branch tubes good luck,i know of a few poeple that say the can be done with the heads on and cab off.its very tricky suposedly,cab on i bet your gonna have to pull the heads

dingleb

Reaction score
The branch is only slightly bent, maybe a metric c-hair or two, i may be able to get it to bolt back up to the fitting off the hpop and then snug the hpop back down. But that seems a little sketchy to me and it would be on my mind every time I drive the truck. I'd hate to have this thing go down again when I'm on the road and have to pay someone else to fix it.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
The branch is only slightly bent, maybe a metric c-hair or two, i may be able to get it to bolt back up to the fitting off the hpop and then snug the hpop back down. But that seems a little sketchy to me and it would be on my mind every time I drive the truck. I'd hate to have this thing go down again when I'm on the road and have to pay someone else to fix it.

The branch tubes normal and bent a little and when you bolt it back down it will pull it up

dingleb

Reaction score
Got a guy here at work to lend me a hand, and with a little help from a leverage producing device we got the branch and hpop to fall into place.
I'll admit this is my first time doing this and I've been pretty apprehensive about a lot of it, but thank you guys for the tips and info. Its helped a lot! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online