20 foot enclosed trailer questions

Gpark009

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a question regarding using a 8.5 x 20 foot enclosed trailer to haul cars.

I bought this trailer in 2013 and initially used it as a contractor trailer. Due ro health I no longer do contractor work but I do go to car auctions.

I was wonder how many cars can be put in one if needed?

sootie

Reaction score
cant tell if you're joking but obviously it depends on the length of the car and whether the axles on the trailer are rated for the weight?!

Gpark009

Reaction score
No not joking trying to decide if I want to sell this one and invest in longer trailer

Gpark009

Reaction score
Being a retired cop, I have gotten addicted to police auctions buying old crown vics etc and resaling

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I run a 26 ft enclosed with 2 ft cabinets in the front and it is a tight squeeze with a longer car. Doesn't leave much room for tie downs in the front of the trailer.

Gpark009

Reaction score
Ok ill look into the 26 footers thank you. I just didn't want to waste my time taking an enclosed to an auction just for one car. I have an open one car hauler right now too, but if I can squeeze two it would be worth taking.

smcox1

Reaction score
You can only stick one decent size car in it or 3 smart cars lol!!!! You also have to make sure the floor can handle the weight of a vehicle.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
FWIW.....our goose neck we had was a 30ft end to end that we hauled max'd out in. Truck is 22ft total and had to build ramps to go up and over the wheel wells plus change out the front tires (to stockers vs race tires). With that, you had a dog house up front that you could put a cot in and what not to sleep and store some misc other stuff. Our golf cart wouldn't even fit in the area with the truck. Tool box and a couple other misc stuff like fuel cans, air compressor and that was about it. If it were me, i'd shop for a bigger open deck goose neck trailer. Enclosed your gonna be limited, they're out there, but for something like that i'd do an open deck. Just my .02

powerstroke22

Reaction score
^whs I also have a 28ft open gooseneck and that gets used alot more for moving cars. The enclosed is one car and I only use it to move the cars I wouldn't want rock chips on.

Coopers_Dad

Reaction score
We got a 34' enclosed trailer at an auction for cheap and it wasn't until I loaded it with two cars did I find out why. With two cars it moved around a hell of a lot even with an equalizer hitch. Defiantly a gooseneck in the the future.