front end help

444 ci

Reaction score
i have a 2003 ford f-350 4x4 with the 7.3 and i am having problems with the front end. it feels like i have loose lug nuts but i dont i replaced the track bar ,sway bar end link bushings and the inner tie rod that bolts to the pitman arm. ive had the truck to 4 different front end shops and they all said everything was tight they check the ball joints,wheel bearings,front axle u joints steering gear box and said nothing was wrong. the only thing i havent checked is the shocks witch i assume are orignal with 97,000 miles on them could they be the problem?:fustrate:

AzPsd55

Reaction score
Is the problem when you are just driving normal, or when your on the brakes? Have you checked your rotors, and are your wheels balanced

444 ci

Reaction score
it happens when i drive normal i replaced the rotors in the front when i did the brakes about a year and half ago. thanks

JLDickmon

Reaction score
you say it feels like you have loose lug nuts..
what does that mean?
low frequency vibration?
high frequency vibration?
wobble?
wobble with noise?
hunt or wander?

golfer

Reaction score
..any abnormal/uneven tire wear?

I know the shops said that everything is tight...but obviously something isn't, LOL

could be the sealed unit bearing(s) (wheel bearing)...
ball joints
etc

if you have a jack...jack up one side of the front end...just get the tire about 2-3 inches off the ground...

use a prybar under the tire to leverage that tire up and down...it shouldn't move (aside from the rest of the vehicle)...

if it feels sloppy...support that side with a jackstand...and have someone lever the tire while you inspect WHAT exactly is moving...

check to see if the mvmt is @ the balljoints or wheel bearing...or the other front end components...

444 ci

Reaction score
it feels like i have bad body roll i crawled under the truck today and the shocks look shot all rusted up and leaking. i went and bought 4 new skyjacker hydro 7000 series shocks and a rough country steering stabilizeer for the front i am putting them on on monday ill see if that fixes my problem thanks for all your help.