Need help with what injector to go with...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I've got my e99 with almost 200k on the clock. The conribution test showed my #8 cylinder code. Truck passed the buzz test. Truck has never had injector orings replaced or anything like that. I just installed adrenaline hpop.

My question is which size injector should I go with?

Yes, someday I would love to have 700 rwhp. Can I save up and afford it? sure... But is it practical for my dd?

I was thinking hybrids then get a 366 down the road. Maybe 250/200s...

Or would stage ones or twos be more practical? I don't ever have a trailer hooked up to it either.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
i just replaced the turbo on my E99 this summer and replaced it with a S366 from Irate Diesel Performance. baught the turbo and proper mounting kit for a great price from Jake. he's a great person to work with, he answered all my questions.
now, i'm running the charger on my factory injectors and just using my TW tunes to spool it and i don't have any issues.
If i was you, i'd swap turbo's first and then upgrade to hybrids down the road when you have the cash for fuel mods and other proper supporting mods when your installing your injectors.
i'd rather have more air and still be able to do everything i want, than have to de-tune hybrids and risk the chance of causing more harm
not sure if i helped or not?

RedSmokey

Reaction score
If you go hybrids I'd go 250's and detune them, 238 and 250 are the same price. And you can always run a wastegate and spray later to get some extra out of it :poke:

Reaction score
I'd go with 250/200's and detune them. They should run real nice with an S471. Don't forget studs, springs, pushrods, and the fuel system though.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'd go with 250/200's and detune them. They should run real nice with an S471. Don't forget studs, springs, pushrods, and the fuel system though.

Oh they do, ask me how I know :evil

Go hybrids, make sure its a 200% nozzle. Any good tuner can detune them to work on a stock truck. An s366 would give you a little more low end, however I smile everytime my s471 lights :D

Definatley going to recommend Jake at Irate. He can get you pretty much everything you need.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I was hoping to hear from someone with Exp. Thanks diesel boy. I want 250/200s, just want to make sure I can run tthem right now, as I'm still building it up...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Your running Swamps tunes IIRC ?

Jonathon can put those sticks in a stock motor and make it work until you are ready for upgrades.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I did 160's in my truck, but now kind of wish I would have spent the extra coin for some 238 hybrids incase I do ever go big. Still happy with my stage 1's, but every now and then, wish I would have went bigger ahead of time.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Found a set of stage 2s for 900$ so I'm going that route now LOL only have 1000 miles on them too

Latest posts

Members online