Sct scan another truck?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
One of the guys at work has an 06 350 6.0 and it threw a cel. Can I scan it with my x3 without returning my truck to stock? And will it use an unlock if I do?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im guessing it will use an unlock. De-tune your truck and all. Really all you gotta do is plug it up and see what happens. On the other hand my SCT has never successfully pulled any code.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Im guessing it will use an unlock. De-tune your truck and all. Really all you gotta do is plug it up and see what happens. On the other hand my SCT has never successfully pulled any code.

That's what I figured I'm just gonna call sct quick I will post up what they said. And why do they not seem to pull codes? I hear that alot

jdgleason

Reaction score
You can scan it with yours still tuned I am pretty sure. One thing to be careful of tho- the SCT sucks for pulling codes.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Called sct you can scan other trucks without using an unlock or having to return your truck to stock. The only time it uses an unlock is when you tune another vehicle.

Tonka350

Reaction score
actually by using a LOCKED sct or other type of programmer, it is only useful as a codereader on another vehicle...so yes you can plug it into his truck with yours still tuned.

Chad

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have used my Livewire a few times on other trucks for a code reader and my truck still tuned. Works great. Even for letting the guys take it to look at numbers while driving.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.