Ordered Rancho RS9000XL

onebad7.3

Reaction score
Just ordered the ones for the front. Anyone else running them? Dumb question but, do you mount them so the rod is facing up or facing down?

HoustonRider

Reaction score
new member chiming in. 2011 F250

At 6,000 miles, I had two of my OEM Ranchos fail (one front and one rear) and decided to get a set (F&R) of the 9000XLs adjustable.

At first I liked they were adjustable, and softened up the suspension a bit when needed. After driving a bit, I noticed going over simple speed bumps, etc that the front end would bottom out (I'm a diesel), unless I had them at level 9 (firmest). After a while (20 days), they were always soft. The rear was nice at a lower setting, keeping the harshness off the rear end on highways.

they may have been softer, but the truck always felt like it wasn't firmly planted, swayed a lot, and just felt like I had no control.

LAst week I decided to get rid of em, and get a new set. I ordered the King Shocks performance series shocks, hopefully be here next week. In the meantime, I am using the OEM Ranchos (my dealer replaced all 4 for me as a warranty).

I can tell you, the OEM Ranchos are much better to me than the 9000xl Ranchos, and the OEMs suck, lol but I like the firmness. Some guys like the adjustability, but I just couldn't find a happy medium that I could live with. So off they went.

I'll post up some comparisons on the OEM, 9000xl and the Kings when I get em all fixed up.. :)

Latest posts

Members online