need help diagnosing my problem child.....

Deereman4020

Reaction score
ok, im having trouble with my 94 f-250, engine is out of a 01 p-stroke. has about 260k miles on it. i dont know what is wrong with it since everytime i hook it up to a scanner nothing comes up. please help me figure out what the hell is wrong with it, im ready to drive it off a bridge.

heres the vid: ( click on pic)

th_VID00000-20110901-1826.jpg

Last edited:

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
Is it throwing any codes on the dash? And what do you mean nothing comes up when you plug in the scanner? Like no power to it or what?

I would get that figured out first, check fuses first, if that doesn't work look into the wiring you could have a short somewhere.

Deereman4020

Reaction score
Is it throwing any codes on the dash? And what do you mean nothing comes up when you plug in the scanner? Like no power to it or what?

I would get that figured out first, check fuses first, if that doesn't work look into the wiring you could have a short somewhere.

no codes on the dash, and when i hook it up it will not read the truck, has power, just wont read the truck

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
no codes on the dash, and when i hook it up it will not read the truck, has power, just wont read the truck

Hmm. Im thinking it probably has a code stored. Check your fuses. That's a common problem on why it won't connect.

Btw, how old are the injectors?

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Nice ghetto fab stack jake. Was thst aj that called me today? Hope you get the truck figured out man

Deereman4020

Reaction score
injectors are from 94.5.

and chris dont hate on my stack, some of us have to be ballin on a budget. and yes that was aj this morning who called you. and yeah, tommorow we are ripping into this pile to see if we can try to get this up and running

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i kinda like the stack:shrug:
After i heard you say "I was giving it gas" Im all in favor for lighting a match. If my 6l crank up like that....i aint fixing it

Reaction score
Is the PCM the 94's? How is the fuel system setup (e-fuel, regulated return,etc)? What was reused off the 94 as far as sensors, etc? Cheers!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Good point pat i have heard that the 94-95 pcms will make other year motors run crappy cuz of complications with the eot sensor

genuineford

Reaction score
It is all 94.5 except the fuel system. That is a stock super duty electric fuel.

Jake when you try to hook up to it with a scanner you have to tell it that it is a 1996 truck because Ford reprogrammed the PCM for OBD2. I was able to hook up to it with AE when I had it.

I am putting money on it being the splice job I did on the wiring harness to put the new valve cover plugs on it. Like I stated before I was in a hurry and needed the thing running. Let me know what you find out and if you need any help give me a call tonight.