Fuelpump gone, again!

amarillo250

Reaction score
Like said, the second airdog 2 is gone south. Airdog is real nice and send me another unit. What can I do for this just 35K and pump is bad. Regulated return, different pump????? Help me please.

amarillo250

Reaction score
new pump is in and works fine so far. Get this next friday a sump and I'm looking in for a fuel bowl delete, any suggestions and advice? Help me out here folks.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Id start by checking the power supply you have run and make sure it is not getting under/over powered.
Did you ask Airdog what avenues you could explore on your end as to what may be causing failures?

amarillo250

Reaction score
here we go, I look into the Hellman sump and get rid of all the quick connect after that I like to look into a fuel bowl delete. If anybody can help me out with some tips and write ups for the fuel bowl delete I'm thankful for that.
Looks like the factory pick-up for the fuel is crap and messed up the pump. Awsome service from Airdog and Josh is a real great guy to talk to. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the fuel bowl.
Thanks, Frank

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
here we go, I look into the Hellman sump and get rid of all the quick connect after that I like to look into a fuel bowl delete. If anybody can help me out with some tips and write ups for the fuel bowl delete I'm thankful for that.
Looks like the factory pick-up for the fuel is crap and messed up the pump. Awsome service from Airdog and Josh is a real great guy to talk to. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the fuel bowl.
Thanks, Frank

Been wondering about that since they came out with the quick connect for the stock pickup.

What RR system are you running?

amarillo250

Reaction score
so far I dont have a RR but looking into it real serious, any suggestions? I need this truck reliable not looking for big HP, it is my DD.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have an 05' Amarillo w/ a 6.0? What other mods do you have?

amarillo250

Reaction score
no I got an 06 , with Airdog2 and stock injectors and fuelbowl, 6.4 banjo bolts, FS2500 oil bypass and Edge platinum. EGR delete from RCD.

2006.1f250

Reaction score
so far I dont have a RR but looking into it real serious, any suggestions? I need this truck reliable not looking for big HP, it is my DD.

To delete the fuel bowl, you will need a RR setup. You can either put one together, or by one from a vendor. A correct RR setup should come off the pump to the front of the heads. Then from the rear of the heads to the regulator. From the regulator to the tank.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Go with an AirDog if your not gonna stay stock, but with only 175's, I'd say stay with the stock pump and a regulated return. No need to spend extra money on a fuel pump if it isn't necessary. Plus, it seems that aftermarket pumps have a fairly high failure rate, especially Fass.

AKHILF

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a fuel system and dont know what i want to do yet and hearing about these airdogs is making me want to make my own. Can you explain how to make one with the fuel lab?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.