Rotors Stuck On!!

Trav-O

Reaction score
So, I go to pull off all my rotors on my 08 F250 to get them turned and they wont come off. So I make sure the e-brake cable is fully out. The back ones I pry off and it pulled the whole inner brake shoes out and screws up the backplate/dust shield. And the Fronts are still stuck on,

I cannot find a replacement backing plate/Dust Shield for the Rear.

And I still cannot get the Front Rotors off.

I dont dare to use the pullers too much cause it is pushing in the lock-in.

Anyone run into this issue and/or have some helpful information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

colonyofdrones

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
:whs:

I always use a dead blow for stuff like this. If not that, then pblaster and more hits with a dead blow later.

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
I use a penatrent called "yeild" the stuff is f'n toxic, but spray it with that, tap it a few times to get it seeking the rust in the joint.... let the rotor sit and think about what it's done for a while. come back and it should pull right off

Trav-O

Reaction score
Ive tried the Sledge, Soaked it with PB Blaster, and let it sit over night with the Pullers on it. Still nothing.

I will look for that Yield stuff.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Hit it harder. If you haven't broken the rotor in pieces yet your aren't hitting it hard enough. LOL I live in MA and have never had a problem getting a rotor off. Even after breaking them in 2.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Hit it harder. If you haven't broken the rotor in pieces yet your aren't hitting it hard enough. LOL I live in MA and have never had a problem getting a rotor off. Even after breaking them in 2.

:whs: show that beach whos boss it should pop right off once you break it loose. when in doubt hit it harder

Trav-O

Reaction score
I pulled out the 15 lb. sledge and they finally Freed up.

Next question, Are the Factory Rotors Tunrable? If heard speculation that some newer vehicles make them un-turnable cause they are too thin to re-turn.

BigRed97

Reaction score
not if they were that siezed on there...they are most definitly now out of round after some love for a 15lb sledge

Latest posts

Members online