Hybrid Hybrids....

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Since Jason is slacking, I want to get a little speculation going.

If hybrids cut injection pressure down at low RPM, what will these new 4:1+/- hybrids do to IP?

We know that ip between an A code, B code, and Hybrid planes out at some point and the hybrid flows more at equal pressures and pw. Where is the point that these hybrid hybrids flow better?

Is extreme ICP going to be the answer here?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm not slacking - hell do you know how long it takes to learn how to file something down to a 50 millionths slip fit?

Speculate away.... this could be entertaining from my point of view. :poke:

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Since Jason is slacking, I want to get a little speculation going.

If hybrids cut injection pressure down at low RPM, what will these new 4:1+/- hybrids do to IP?

We know that ip between an A code, B code, and Hybrid planes out at some point and the hybrid flows more at equal pressures and pw. Where is the point that these hybrid hybrids flow better?

Is extreme ICP going to be the answer here?

What the heck are you talking about?

MINK

Reaction score
whats the point of speculating here?...you know things are in the works so wait and see what happens, I can promise you Jason is just as excited to have more info as everyone else..

Charles

Reaction score
I guess the people still speculating didn't catch that youtube video of nearly ~400cc in 1 or 1.5ms on the bench a couple years ago.

I can't remember the specifics of the test now, but that should have sufficiently ended any speculation IMO.

On Edit:

I can't really read the cylinder well, but it looked like close to 250 in 1.5 and between 300 and 350 in 2, at 6000rpm.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I guess the people still speculating didn't catch that youtube video of nearly ~400cc in 1 or 1.5ms on the bench a couple years ago.
I can't remember the specifics of the test now, but that should have sufficiently ended any speculation IMO.
On Edit:
I can't really read the cylinder well, but it looked like close to 250 in 1.5 and between 300 and 350 in 2, at 6000rpm.

Yes guys - I know its basically been done before - but you guys of all people should know that there is more to it than just installing larger plungers and barrels. Injector ratio and the balance of the injector around that particular setup is just as important.

And for what its worth - I've got bench data from a prototype in 2009 that was over 400cc of fuel in 2ms (425-430cc IIRC). So getting fuel out is not an issue - my goal is one of quality as well as quantity.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tough crowd...

I just wanted to discuss and help myself and anyone else interested UNDERSTAND, that's fine if you just want to be ignorant, I was just looking for a discussion.

Charles

Reaction score
Tough crowd...

I just wanted to discuss and help myself and anyone else interested UNDERSTAND, that's fine if you just want to be ignorant, I was just looking for a discussion.

You stated to be skeptical of the concept... yet YEARS ago it was PROVEN. And you were around then.

So you know it works, yet stated to be skeptical at present.

And I'm ignorant...

Yeah.... I'll be down in Awol if you need me, lol.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not you jackass. I know that you know it works and how. Hell, you and Jason are the only reasons I have any idea.

I think you read me wrong. Can you show me where I was sceptical? lp

I just wanted to get an idea about the theory of it all... Its extremely interesting to me.

Like, what size nozzles were Swamps using? Hell, just getting them to empty and refill that fast is
a feat in itself.

But what kind of atomization are we getting? That's the issue, right? What size nozzles do Bryan, Mike, and whoever else run?

Sooo we could run 4-5k psi, and use a 200% nozzle or so for 500+cc's at 1.5-2ms... What would happen?

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Why don't you put some revolutionary injectors together and tell us exactly how they work... I don't think you're gonna get all the ins and outs of these until they've been around a while.

I'm not sure exactly how Jason feels, but these ain't gonna be run of the mill $1850.00 hybrids. Think multiple thousands... What most of you don't realize is the amount of money alread shelled out in R&D that Jason may or may not ever recoup. If you are that "interested" put some time, money, and effort into it and figure it out like the rest of us.

Oh, and getting an injector to empty and refil is not rocket science. Even at 5000+ RPMs....

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Jason inassumen then other things you have been working on with injectors such as the soleniods will all be folded into these new injectors combining effectively the various parts of the project into a final project.

I know for myself while not being willing to spend counts amounts would cedrtainly pay a significant amount mored than I payed for my worked over current ones if they perform the way I would expect these new ones too base on what little I know. Quailty spray pattern 2x the flow for a given size with higher useable ICP. Etc.....= AWESOME!!!

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Why don't you put some revolutionary injectors together and tell us exactly how they work... I don't think you're gonna get all the ins and outs of these until they've been around a while.

I'm not sure exactly how Jason feels, but these ain't gonna be run of the mill $1850.00 hybrids. Think multiple thousands... What most of you don't realize is the amount of money alread shelled out in R&D that Jason may or may not ever recoup. If you are that "interested" put some time, money, and effort into it and figure it out like the rest of us.

Oh, and getting an injector to empty and refil is not rocket science. Even at 5000+ RPMs....

I never asked Jason to tell me how they worked... I was just having a discussion with members. Quit whining.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Everything that is ever said about injectors has someone acting like everyone is out to steal something. Mainly you. If we (I) want to talk about the math and potential of it all, I'm free to do so.

Charles

Reaction score
Everything that is ever said about injectors has someone acting like everyone is out to steal something. Mainly you. If we (I) want to talk about the math and potential of it all, I'm free to do so.

Make a reliable reduced ratio P&B set, rework the poppet valve preload and offset your entire ICP table appropriately.

That first step there is why I haven't run them. Custom P&B's that retain OEM reliability/durability is quite the daunting task.

Latest posts

Members online