2 N2O or not 2 N2O

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Y'all that know my build can maybe share your thoughts.

I have a nitrous kit now. I was going to put it on for World Finals but now I'm having second thoughts. Should I? Shouldn't I? How big of a shot? 30, 50, 100? Tune for it or no?

My original plan was to run a 30 shot to cool things off a little and clean up a little smoke. Nothing big. No tuning for it either. My wifes "bad feeling about it" has me second guessing it.

Input please!

Last edited:

davey99ps

Reaction score
I was nervous about it the first time I used it on my old truck, but after I got it dialed in loved it. Start conservative an work your way up. Instead of listing 50 100etc, just list the jet size

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm at work and it was delivered to me here. Its out in the truck. Let's just say I have any size nozzle I want. I have a pretty good connection on the whole nos thing. :D

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
Do you have a spare block worst come to worst? Would it be in the budget for a rebuild if worst come to worst happens or would the truck be down months with nothing being worked on because of money? No money issues then I say spray the piss out of it:D

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Yup there is a spare block sitting in his garage..there would be two but the second motor decided that a piston should no longer be attached to the rod so that one is just scrap metal now.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I was in the same boat and then I bought a block bored .020 over that I have significant plans for. That set up will be getting spray, I can no longer have an unreliable daily driver.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
If your going to be able to use another vehicle to get to work and back then go for it. however if your depending on your truck then I'd think about it.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
I am staying out of this simply for the fact that I don't want to say go for it, have you break something, then have your wife blame me and quit cooking supper when I'm over there LOL

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Eh just put it on and purge it at the lights for the 'look cool factor' Its worth at least an extra 50hp to the wheels...the tires won't know what to do with all the extra awesomeness

Aljay

Reaction score
Nitrous is very addicting .......... All I will say ........ Its addicting till something goes BOOM !

Just get your ducks in a row and spray it . I gave my parts (nitrous) away the temptation was too great .

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Im in your boat, Im gonna do it. I want 11s so bad, Ill chance it.

Where are you thinking of plumbing it in ?

Ill rock paper scissor you :D

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Lol! I have decided to wait a little while. At least till next race year and after I get my twin turbo 2.3l turbo diesel Mazda 4x4 project done.

Was that you at scheids dieselboy? If so, WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU STOP TO SAY HI?????