Trouble spooling off the line

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Having trouble spooling my 62/80 off the line. I cannot build more than 5-6psi at the tree. I have tried spooling slowly and quick to no success. I have to spray it just to cut a 1.85 60ft. Without spray it was just ugly... a 2.18 and 2.62. Any tips?

But i did make it to the "finals" at the Texas Diesel Shootout but there was not a very big turnout so its not too much to brag about. But i am an anxious idiot so i red lighted. :mad:

Sad when all the cummins there smoke less. lol

Fuel only 2.184 60ft. ET 13.5 @102
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJbf7z_vahQ&feature=related

Spray 1.849 60ft. ET 12.369 @109
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC1wWrcILt8&feature=channel_video_title

Finals race vs cummins with twins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y_SVNv4Phs&feature=channel_video_title

newman

Reaction score
62/80 is a pig. Most people have issues with getting them going. They run like a rapped ape on the big end though

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the .80 will move more air up top than a .70 housing, I say get a divided housing and throw a bd diverter valve on there, that should make it spool similar to the same charger with a smaller housing but move more air.

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
your truck sounds awsome!

Thanks! 6.0s sound mean with a non vgt charger.

62/80 is a pig. Most people have issues with getting them going. They run like a rapped ape on the big end though

Good to know that I'm not the only one having problems, but i have seen some people that have not had problems spooling one.

Sounds like you need more fuel...

I was actually thinking the opposite? Too much fuel actually choking it out. But then again thats why i asked. lol

I woulkd say try a tuning change or drop the 80 down to a 70 housing...

the .80 will move more air up top than a .70 housing, I say get a divided housing and throw a bd diverter valve on there, that should make it spool similar to the same charger with a smaller housing but move more air.

I would swap out the 80 housing for a 70 but i like how it pulls once it lights. Been thinking about a diverter valve for a while now, but also tossing around the idea of a new charger. either a 64/70 or Bullseye BatMo. And about the tuning, i dont know why i didnt switch to my xtreme street, only tune i made passes with was xtreme race.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
what size injectors are you running and whos tunning, with 190s and innovative diesel tunes, we can lite that charger no problem

3brorce

Reaction score
I believe he is running innovative. He said he went down the track with xtreme race but should have swapped too xtreme street. It says in his sig that his injectors are 205's. I also think Eric can tune that baby better. May take a couple revisions but he will get it right for ya

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Yes Innovative tuning (Xtreme Race) and Elite 205's. I guess i should email Eric and let him work his magic. If i have time ill go out later and see if the xtreme street is any better.

I want to get it to where it spools fairly easy and hopefully get my track times fairly consistent.

redracer62

Reaction score

it is a divided housing. i havent noticed any diffence power or egt wise going from a .80 housing to a .70. only its easier to spool.

to the OP, i had a little trouble at first lighting it at first, but i had a huge exaust leak. fixed that and never had any trouble even with the stock TC. since then ive gone to a different turbo with a smaller housing (.70), and its cake.

Last edited:

Extended Power

Reaction score
it is a divided housing. i havent noticed any diffence power or egt wise going from a .80 housing to a .70. only its easier to spool.

to the OP, i had a little trouble at first lighting it at first, but i had a huge exaust leak. fixed that and never had any trouble even with the stock TC. since then ive gone to a different turbo with a smaller housing (.70), and its cake.

What did you see for back pressure with the .70 housing?

What turbo are you running now?

redracer62

Reaction score
back pressure was no more than 40-42 and boost was 42-43 if i remember right. 64/71/70 is on it now.

redracer62

Reaction score
its a lot better than the 62/80 spooling wise. power is about the same, maybe a little more with the 64. 225 injectors.

strokin6L

Reaction score
redracer and i are running the exact same charger from the same company. Only difference is that i'm running 190's with mine and he's running 225's. It lights great!

Latest posts

Members online