HPOP Reservoir

Homesteader

Reaction score
Has anyone polished there HPOP reservoir? Just wondering how long will the shine last or do you guys just paint them.

neverkickn

Reaction score
just painted mine. I didnt thikn it was worth it to polish it. It would look cool though and I bet if you enameled it after the polish that it would look clean alot longer.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I just painted mine, but TomS did polish one. Think he said it was a fair amount of work. But Tom being Tom I'm sure he took it a step or three further than the average polisher would.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
1115101054.jpg

1117101634a.jpg

engine.png

Homesteader

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics guys. Thats two orange engine so far that I saw. Now I'm thinking if I should have painted my motor a different color besides black.

Well back to the HPOP Reservoir. I'm using the OBS reservoir and seems to have more flat area then the SD and to me looks easier to polish then the other. There is lip that is on the upper half of the HPOP Im thinking its from the casting,can that lip be ground down flat with surface. Just wondering if anyone done that .

Thanks

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
If I had to do it over I think I'd paint my VC's a different color. Thing looked great on the stand, but once it was in the truck about all you can see is the HPOP res and the VC's so, the casual observer won't notice the rest of it that was the hard part to get several good coats on lol.

Homesteader

Reaction score
If I had to do it over I think I'd paint my VC's a different color. Thing looked great on the stand, but once it was in the truck about all you can see is the HPOP res and the VC's so, the casual observer won't notice the rest of it that was the hard part to get several good coats on lol.

Thats one reason why I painted my motor black.

Homesteader

Reaction score

Thats the same HPOP reservoir I have. Wow thats looks awsome. How long does the shine last. Is it like aluminum wheels where it fades?

Did yours have that lip on the upper part? Looks like its from the mold. Did you just sand it down?

Thanks for sharing

Southmike

Reaction score
I think the lip was in the top pic...looks like a 36 grit wheel took care of it...
Awsome job tom

Latest posts

Members online