E99 Conversion Questions

Petro

Reaction score
Alright guys, I want to convert my E99 to a late 99 setup and have a few questions. I know i have to replace the turbo, turbo pedistal, intake spyder and intake plenums but do i have to replace up pipes and intercooler pipes also? or are they the same as the late 99 setup? just curious for future reference
Thanks
Dillon

Bushwakd

Reaction score
When I did the conversion on my work truck I replaced the turbo, turbo pedestal, pedestal bolts and O ring that connects the compressor housing to the intake spyder, intake spyder, and intake clamp, intake plenums boots and clamps, new up pipes up pipe gaskets and bolts and the up pipe collector. I used the existing IC pipes and down pipe.
The conversion for all new parts is quite expensive and is more cost efficient to do an H2E turbo set up which will include everything including the turbo for around $2400. If you can get all used parts for the conversion cheap it will be cost efficient.

Riff Raff Diesel has a conversion kit that includes a new 38R turbo and a few other upgrades for a tad over $2400 and Black Widow has a conversion kit for under $1000. Both kits include international Bellowed Up pipes.
So the Hypermax kit that includes a H2E is in the ballpark and is a better turbo.

Last edited:

Petro

Reaction score
Well its goin to be a while before i do anything, im in the process of putting a new cab and box on the truck since i rolled it, after i get it driving, Its going to get a set of 250 200s and probably a gtx4294 with an SRP1 but im still trying to decide.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Still trying to decide what? A 38r CANNOT handle those injectors... Get the t4 mount and be done with it

Petro

Reaction score
Im completely aware that a 38r CANNOT handle them injectors, WHAT IM TRYING TO DECIDE is, weather i want to just keep it an early 99 setup or convert to a later setup for the time period when ill be driving it but wont have it modded heavily. Now i have two gtp38s layin around and alot of parts to do the conversion. And im not a fan of the early 99 turbo, i hate the way it spools. Now that we have that straightened out, where do i get a T4 mount and what do they run for price? As far as turbos go, when it gets bigger than a D66 and a GTP38r i dont know jack so im just truen to learn a little before i get started.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
My bad, wasn't clear on what you were asking... Jake from irate diesel. Tell him your plans he will set you up

Petro

Reaction score
what does a gqssb turbo setup run and which vendor do i talk to for that? Im just looking for the best setup that i can lay down good power numbers with the least amount of smoke and still be able to pull heavy with it without egts getting outa control.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I have a t4 mount from irate! I love mine and jake is a great guy to work with! There are alot of options you can go also beings its and e99 jake can hooke you up with ic tubes and all but you'll have to change to 3inchget intakes! That's what I did on my obs..... also you need to have the efuel and rr on it for the drain.... unless the e99 have the later fuel system.

moose99psd

Reaction score
I have a t4 mount from irate! I love mine and jake is a great guy to work with! There are alot of options you can go also beings its and e99 jake can hooke you up with ic tubes and all but you'll have to change to 3inchget intakes! That's what I did on my obs..... also you need to have the efuel and rr on it for the drain.... unless the e99 have the later fuel system.

only obs, trucks had mechanical fuel pumps..

Latest posts

Members online