New Project: Excursion

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well after 6 weeks with no drivable vehicle, I have ended up with this

2003 excursion that we bought with a bad motor..

Over the last week, we put a newer short block in it out of an 05, the truck will be on the road sometime today...Although I did rip out most of the rear interior for a color change.

We have some plans for the truck, all the normal motor work was completed, new front cover, new HPOp, New injectors, rebuilt stock turbo, trans was done about 30k ago, studs ect...

Truck should be a fun project for the next few months!

Heres some photos

1_zps60683167.jpg

2_zpsb898c811.jpg

6_zps6cccffa0.jpg

10_zpscacd1191.jpg

7_zps2e0259f0.jpg

5_zpsae4308ae.jpg

4_zpsf3bbc647.jpg

long way to go with it...but this is the start..

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Step one of this project is completed, motor was put back in, all buttoned up, and drove the truck today....

Next on the list, Get the interior from Tan to Black......

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Made a little progress this weekend. working on getting the interior cleaned up and dyed all black..steam cleaned the rear carpet, then dyed it black. was very happy with how it came out, be interested to see how long it lasts.

1_zps79efe792.jpg

4_zpsdbe04e2a.jpg

2_zps48bc295a.jpg

3_zps607e4ab4.jpg

6_zpsec2be4b0.jpg

basically have the entire trunk section completed, minus the head liner. We will try and work on the front section of the interior this week...Seats will be the tricky part!

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Like the color change. I have the tan 2 tone interior in mine otherwise I would definitely be changing the color over to black like you are doing.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Excursion got a little more work done this weekend....

We have also decided this truck will get a 2011+ front end. Finishing up the interior this weekend, then we will start to gather up all the parts for the conversion.....with a few other items as well.

_802259506497129_2810591114746410023_n_zpsaf998f0b.jpg

_802259449830468_3320384823370122719_n_zpsa59f7ad5.jpg

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
excursion got some more upgrades this weekend, dyed some more of the interior...and also put a set of 08+ mirrors on it.

Started tracking down body panels for the front end conversion and tuned it...

starting to enjoy driving this truck.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
well some exciting things happened last week with the excursion...

got some 08+ style mirrors.....a little more interior dye done...

and the motor dropped a lifter.......
motor will be out of the truck shortly, and well tear into it. Hopefully we caught it early enough that the cam isn't destroyed.....

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
well some exciting things happened last week with the excursion...

got some 08+ style mirrors.....a little more interior dye done...

and the motor dropped a lifter.......
motor will be out of the truck shortly, and well tear into it. Hopefully we caught it early enough that the cam isn't destroyed.....
Holy bad luck batman! You and 6.0's just dont work out it seems. I got a 04 shortblock here that lost oil pressure. I had the cam and lifters out and all looks good if you're block is trashed for some reason.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
update on this thread again....

pulled apart the original motor that was in truck, cam bearings all look good, cam was scored pretty good from the lifter. Looks like a new cam, lifters, front cover, and some head work, this motor may be headed back into the truck.

also picked up a full Harley Davidson interior for the truck as well.....parts pile is starting to grow for this one.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok here is another update on this truck, after the lifter fell out, we put a new cam in the motor, new lifters, and a set of 190s in the truck. The motor is all back together and getting put back in tonight. Only item left on this at the moment is what turbo to throw on. hope to have this truck back running by the end of the week. Then well get on to the next part.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok, so we checked to make sure the front cover would make oil, had no issues. The rest of the front end should be back together tomorrow sometime, and this thing should be back on the road. As long as everything is running properly, then well get this back on track with the new front end conversion, and finish the Harley interior.

Latest posts

Members online